Chapter 2- Gig

The mop-headed lad took centre stage and kept catching glances at me. We were on Right Red Hand meaning the gig was almost over, sadly. I was really enjoying the gig if I'm honest. I think I found my new band. Me and Alex kept locking eyes so I would smile at him. He would giggle in return making you smile even more, until he would look at the crowd again.

A View From The Afternoon had finished, and Alex jumped off-stage and was right infront of the crowd. The only thing inbetween was a barrier. He stopped right infront of me, and before he started singing Reckless Serenade he slipped his hand into mine, smiling. I giggled and he carried on singing, not taking his hand away from me.

And now I'm stuck still wondering how it's ought to be,

Singing a Reckless Serenade,

Reckless Serenade

He still sung looking into my eyes. When the song ended, he leant into me and whispered into my ear

"Wait behind for me"

I smiled that he chose me and nodded. He got back up on stage to finish the song. He then said 'Thank You' to the audience and left the stage. Tom nodded at me, knowing what Alex had asked... somehow... and I waited, grabbing another whiskey to pluck up my courage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Someone came up behind me and put their hands over my eyes. I almost puched the person behind me, but my fist was swiftly stopped by Alex's hand.

"Oh My God, I'm so sorry" I apoligized to Alex, who looked rather startled by my violent defence mechanisms.

"It's okay, love. I shouldn't have crept up behind you. But wow, what a punch, almost broke my hand!" Alex laughed. I blushed slightly at him calling me 'love'

"Well, yeah. I'm a pretty good..." I trailed off slightly, not wanting to scare him off. This inevitably lead to an awkward silence. Smooth Olivia!

"So, did you like the band?" Alex asked. I smiled at his smoothness.

"Yes, wow. You were really good! I really loved it!" I replied. Was that too much? He cheekily smiled with his hands in his pockets. He looked so suprised by the complient.

"Why are you looking so surprised? Surely you get a lot of good feedback? You're a great band!" I commented. He shook his head.

"Na, not really. They sorta watch then go." Alex informed me, leaving me shocked. I raised one eyebrow and slowly shook my head. I muttered 'people' in annoyance.

"Yeah, well, most people anyway. Not you though. You're special" Alex agreed. I didn't think he heard me, but then I blushed again at the compliment. I didn't really respond so Alex restarted the conversation again.

"So, tell me about yourself!" he exclaimed, leading me to a booth and grabbing a beer. I sat down and sipped at my whiskey.

"Well, I'm 20, an actress, and I love (apart from your band) The Strokes, Bring Me The Horizon and You Me At Six. I'm also a sucker for a good Beatles song!" I responded. He looked at me with wide eyes, and I was anxious to find out what I said wrongly. I looked at my skirt, felling low that he hadn't responded yet. But then I felt a hand underneath my chin. I lifted my head up to see Alex staring right into my eyes.

"Don't be down love. You are... extraordinary. I mean, perfect really. I should also add I am very similar and I can't believe that such a beautiful girl like you is so similar to a shabby dick like me." Alex finished, leaving me slightly speachless. Yeah, open mouth and everything.

"A-Alex. You are NOT a dick, you are... wow." I finally mustered up, still shocked. He looked up at me smiling and we carried on our conversation.

We talked about everything from our past, to our future plans. I never talked to anyone like this, I always just sat in the background, blending in. But with Alex, it was different. I felt a new sort of freedom, where I could say what I wanted and not worry about the other person getting too angry and leaving me. I felt safe with Alex. I felt better. I felt like I could be myself.