Chapter 38- A New Beginning

-1 Month Later-

Life was good. 

I was 1 month clean, we were planning a wedding, I was engaged to the most amazing man on earth. Alex was relaxing, but writing new songs for the new album. I also recently looked in the mirror and was actually okay with what I saw, which was a complete turn around from the hate I used to feel towards myself.

Life was great.

I was cleaning the apartment, because I just cannot deal with a dirty home, when I heard the sweet sound of Alex playing his guitar. I decided to go snoop about, so I could hear his latest masterpiece.

I got halfway up the hallway, and started to hear the lyrics:

"And it's the thousandth time and it's even bolder,

Don't be surprised when you get bent over,

They told you, but you were gagging for it" 

I went back downstairs smiling, and decided to look at the wedding plans. We still needed a dress (Breana is most excited about this), the rings, the seating plan, the favours and I needed to write my vows.  We had 3 months to go, so I was kinda stressed, but not like... Bridezilla. 

I had an idea of what type of dress I wanted, it was just a matter of finding it.  I was really into the 50's-60's style, so that was the dress I was looking for. 

Alex padded down the hallway and came to give me a quick (and unexpected) peck on the cheek, making me smile. 

"Love, put those down for five minutes, come dance with me" Alex said, putting a vinyl on. He pulled me up from the settee, and spun me around. It was nice. I put my head on Alex's shoulder, as we slowly circled around, along with the rhythm of the song. Just me and Alex... until both of our phones rang simultaneously... Weird. Mine was from Breana, Alex's from Matt... Even Weirder. 

Alex moved the pin off the vinyl, and stopped it spinning. He shook his head at his phone, and kissed my forehead, before walking into the kitchen area to talk to Matt. He answered his phone, and I answered mine.  

Alex's POV

Urgh, just when I'm having a moment with Olivia... This better be important,

"Alreet?" I answered. Matt was silenced for a while, before taking a breathe in.

"Mate, I need to tell you sommin'"

"What? Tell me then!" I answered, feeling impatient.

Olivia's POV

"Hey B, what's up?" I started. I heard some short breaths and sniffles down the line, indicating she'd been crying.

"Break, what's up?" I asked, getting worried about her. There was a few more seconds before I heard a deep breath and the unexpected words to fall out of her mouth:

"I'm pregnant"