Chapter 35 - OMFG!

It was almost showtime for the boys, so Breana and I took our place at the wings by the side of the stage. Breana and I had become really good friends over the last three months. We could both easily talk to each other, and tell each other anything. It was great to have someone to talk to aside from Alex.

Alex looked more nervous for this show... god knows why. Maybe because he grew up here and there is a huge chance someone we know is in the crowd. I think Oli was there! The boys walked on the stage and performed the usual set list, which consisted of the songs:

A View From The Afternoon, Mardy Bum, You Probably Couldn't See (Lights), From The Ritz To The Rubble, Red Lights Indicate Doors Are Secured, Dancing Shoes, Vampires, When The Sun Goes Down, Still Take You Home, Riot Van, Fake Tales of San Francisco, A Certain Romance & Dancefloor.

When I heard Alex say 'don't believe the hype', I assumed the show was pretty much over, so started making my way downstairs and towards backstage. When the song was finished he looked towards me.

"Where do you think you're going, kitten? Guys...", he now directed towards the crowd,"Shall we invite Olivia onstage?" The question was responded to by lots of chanting and wooping, so I walked towards Alex, waving to the crowd.

"Now, as most of you may know, this is my girlfriend," Alex started talking to the audience, "And today is our one year anniversary." This was a trigger for lots of 'aww!' noises from the crowd.

"So guys, we have a treat for all of you, and you" he said, touching my nose with his finger at the end.

The guys all started smiling, and played the well known intro to Baby, I'm Yours by Barbara Lewis. But with an Arctic Monkey's twist on it. Alex must have remembered the time I told him that they should do a version of it... that was so cute.

Alex started started singing, staring at me throughout. I think my heart was melting slowly!

When the song ended, Alex gave his guitar to the tech guy and grabbed my hands.

"Olivia, I know it hasn't been that long since we met at that gig, but since then, I have been the happiest man alive. I love you, and there is something I need to ask you," He pulled out a box from his pocket and got down on one knee. The crowd all gasped collectively.

OMFG WHAT IS HAPPENING?

I put my hands over my mouth to contain my excitement and Alex looked into my eyes.

"Olivia Wood, will you marry me?"

"Yes!" My mouth said before my brain. Oh Well, I was happy with the answer! He stood up, put the ring on my finger and hugged me. The crowd was full of applause and smiling, and the lads all gathered round us onstage to pat Alex on the back and hug me. Alex leaned into the microphone.

"Thank You guys, you've been an amazing crowd! Goodnight!" he said, and hummed the wedding march, making everyone laugh.

I was getting married. To Alex Turner. Olivia Marie Turner... I like it!