Chapter 27: Unexpected Occurences

Mantheniels POV

I groaned as the pounding in my head ensued. I stirred around, aware of the comfortable blankets entangled around me. My lungs are filled with the familiar aroma of Lavender and pine. I jolt up, almost toppling over the edge of the bed and my eyes dart around my unfamiliar surroundings. My heart beat picks up its phase as I push myself off the bed.

This is not my bed. This is not my chambers. Where in middle earth am I? I scurry around the room like a lost animal, until my eyes fall upon a familiar crown laying atop a desk made of dark oak. My eyes grow wide in horror at the realization of whose room this was. I quickly bolt out the door, my panic getting the best of me and nearly scream my head off at the sight of the king getting out of the tub. I clamp my mouth shut and let out a light squeal instead which goes unnoticed as he faces me before I close my eyes shut and turn away from him.

"I apologize my lord- I didn't mean.. I-" I stammer as my face heats up uncontrollably. I feel him move behind me and I hold my breath for what felt like an eternity until his voice echoes through the room.

"I reckon you slept well?" He asks, he sounded softer and calmer than I had expected. I clear my throat, still not facing him and answer.

"Uh. Yes. Uhm." I was muttering all over the place. I hear faint steps coming toward me and I swear by the valar if my heart will not die at this moment it is going to rip a hole through my chest. Please let him be decent. Please let him be decent.

"This was not the kind of treatment I had been expecting from someone who basically took ownership of my chambers last night." He says, his voice clear enough to tell me he was near. I swallow the fear that had managed to come up my throat. I turn my head to the side slightly.

"But my lord... I- uhm." I bite my lip, not really knowing how to say what I was supposed to say. The constant drumming in my head did not help at all as nervousness shook in every part of my body. I instinctively put an arm on my forehead to try and manage the pain. By the valar why can't I remember a thing?!

"You should go to the dining hall. The maids will have something for that head ache." He says softly, still from the same spot. I almost turn around to face him when I remembered he would probably still be naked. He must have noticed the horrified look on my face for I heard him... laugh? Wait- what?

"I am decent, Mantheniel. Your eyes have no reason to evade me." The heat on my face becomes worse as I turn to face him, well- his feet that is. I found it odd that he did not scream nor get mad at me for what I have done which was highly peculiar. Even for him. I shuffle my feet, how do I apologize for this?

"I- I wanted to apologize." I start, my eyes train on the tiny drops of water falling around his feet. I almost wanted to look up.

"Hm?"

With my eyes still trained on the ground I take in a breath before continuing.

"I apologize for sleeping in your chambers- uhm. Uninvited and for taking up all the space in your bed. I do not remember how I got there. I am so sorry. I should have not drank that much." I finish, barely having enough oxygen in my lungs because of how fast I had spoken. He stays quiet for a while before his feet move forward making my eyes go wide, my body, stiff.

"What makes you so sure you had my bed all to yourself last night?"

My eyes grow wider as I snap them up at him. My mistake. My sharp intake of breath could not be more noticeable as I dart my eyes away. Thats what he calls decent?! He is practically half naked! My face grows hotter by the minute as I try to dismiss the image of his bare chest out of my mind. By the Valar Mantheniel, with thoughts as loud as yours the lady of light would die of a heart attack! Then my mind functions as I register what he had just said, again.