Chapter 35: Silver

Thranduils POV

My fingers tap the arm of my chair gently as we wait for the arrival of whom would commence the start of this meeting. Elrond stands in one of the corners, studying the intricate carvings on the wood panels. The ellon, who I had come to know as Elunir,stood silent in one corner. His eyes darting everywhere and ever so often at the door, awaiting the arrival of somebody. I find myself doing the same. After the incident of my lapse of control, I had found myself in a place where, for the first time, I had no idea or course of action. What happened, what I had done, should not have happened at all.

How could I have lost control.

The sound of the doors opening tear me away from my thoughts and the figure that emerges completely renders my mind blank and void of anything but her. Her eyes catch mine instantly, as she took hesitant steps towards me. Tauriel closes the door behind her. For a moment, it was just her and me until two figures move in the corner of my eye, reminding me that staring at the elleth before me would be a questionable act.

"Mantheniel, how are you feeling?" Lord Elrond asks as he emerges from outside a stone arch window. We were in the gardens, the part where it was most beautiful. It had been so long since I held a meeting here. Elunir follows, emerging from the same arch. Mantheniel looks at them with a surprise look on her face like she had not expected them to be here. She pulls on the dress.

"My Lord Elrond." She addresses giving him a bow. Always so respectful.

"I am feeling quite alright. Thank you." She gives him a smile and I needed a drink. She turns to me then, almost afraid of even sparing me a glance.

"My lord, has requested for my presence?" She asks, giving me a worried look.

Your presence is always a pleasure, but it is not the only thing I want.

My face remains stoic, despite the energy that was evidently emitting from her to me. I walk over to her, glad that she did not back away as Lord Elrond continues to discreetly observe us with interest.

"Yes, we are to discuss the journey to Lothlórien." At first she does not react, as her eyes reveal that she was trying to understand. She looks at me skeptically before realization hit her.

"Right! Lady Galadriel." She says, there was a hinge of embarrassment in her voice and I could not help but find it oddly satisfying. I give her a short nod before making my way over to Elrond who had remained quite the whole while. He shifts his attention to the flaming haired elleth as she remains in a straight standing position. Ones that my soldiers would do in my presence. Although it did not suit her for what she was wearing required her to stand elegantly and not in such a stiff manner.

"It would be a 3 days ride. So we must leave as soon as you are ready." I state, she looks at me, surprise evident on her face and my brow arches up. She quickly composes herself as all emotions ceased to exist in her bright eyes.

"The king would be joining us?" There was something about her question that made me think she did not want me there. Of course, it was not my idea entirely. It would do me well to be away from her for I fear I might do something I would later on regret. But I had no choice on the matter for Elrond was the one who had requested I go, telling me the Lady of Light wishes to speak to me of important matters. Something she had seen in her mirror.

"You seem surprised. As king, am I not granted the freedom of doing as I please?" I counter making her turn so that all of her was directly facing me. The constant flame burning in her eyes. What would she do? I find myself anticipating her every move. She was not as well trained at keeping her emotions, unlike me. She continues to stare me down until a cough breaks her from her trance. The cough belonged to no other than Elrond. She looks at him for a moment before breathing out a sigh. Her eyes finding mine in a quick glance.