Chapter 26.1: After party

Falasdirs POV

The confusion on her face was clear. Although I thought, I would feel glad about her doubting her feelings.

I arrive back at the party mentally cursing myself as to why I had left her so suddenly. I smile at the thought of the way she had looked at me, as if she was on the verge of hitting my face but could not do so because of the recklessness of my action. I touched my lip, contemplating on why I had kissed her so and she had actually kissed me back. I steal a glance at the only elf that would probably have my head if he found out what I had done to find him gone. All there was left was his empty chair, and an empty goblet placed on the table in front of it.

He was not one to leave feasts so early, which further convinced me he was no doubt sulking somewhere and letting the bitterness eat him alive. I smile to myself as I pass by the crowds of people in search of the king.

I click my tongue as my steps echo through the empty halls. When I turn, I collide with another elf, her green eyes locked on to mine although they were a bit out of focus.

"Tauriel, what has got you wandering about?"

Tauriel looks at me as if trying to piece my image together, my name lost in jumbles in her intoxicated mind.

"Falasdir! I was just about to join the feast, I think it is time for me to face what I have been so keen to avoid." She says, her words were slightly slurred which proved how she should be in bed this time around.

"Tauriel, I believe that you are in no position to be joining a party. You have already outdone yourself with your own... Festivities." She gives out a snort and raises an eyebrow at me, her face defiant in every way.

"Please, Falasdir. I will not have you telling me about my behavior and what not." She starts and I continue to listen to her slurred words, my smile breaking through my exterior.

"Come now, I shall take you to where the party is." I offer and she nods her head, hooking her arm on mine and we proceed to walk back to the party when my eyes catch a glimpse of a red robe disappearing in a corner. The king, no doubt.

We walk side by side, Tauriel talking about things I cannot even imagine. When we reach the corner of the hall to her chambers, she stops suddenly as if she had just been hit with a memory.

"Falasdir, I have been meaning to ask you." She starts as she unhooks herself from me.

"What is it, Tauriel?" It was turning out to be quite an amusing night.

"What do you think of Mantheniel?"

The memory of her lips flashes in my mind and I had to control the tug at the corner of my lips.

"She is different." With this brief answer, Tauriel nods her head and is lost for a while in her thoughts before she turns her attention to me again.

"Much so. Are you fond of her?" Her questions takes me by surprise and I allow myself to look at her for a few moments, trying to understand what her motives were and found no foul game in all of it. I decide to answer her as honestly as possible.

"Yes, but as of the moment my feelings are a bit of a brawl with themselves."

She considers my answer for a moment as her brows furrowed.

"Why so?"

I let out a sigh, was I really going to tell her of what has happened? I run a nervous hand across my hair.

"I kissed her." My confession seemed to not have any effect on Tauriel for she had nodded her head again, making me wonder what on middle earth she was thinking about.