Chapter 50: The beginning

Lindethiels POV

"I think it is time we should go." I whisper over my shoulder as I pull my hood up to cover my face. The others follow and soon enough we were darting towards the fortress, making sure no one spotted us. Everything seemed to have gone according to plan. We enter through cracks on the walls and climbing. Falasdir was leading us, how he knew where to go was beyond me. We walked silently like the winds, barely touching the ground. The cloaks served as something that hid us from the eyes of our enemies. Real elvish cloak, Lord Elrond said.

We stopped as a troop of orcs marched towards the battle field, hiding from their sight.

"Do you think they will manage?" I shoot a worried glance at Falasdir who gives me a reassuring nod. I glance at Mantheniel who was at the back, her hair fully hidden from view. The prince was before her following Elunir. I glance back up at Falasdir who maneuvered his way effortlessly until we reached the fortress, where they were most likely keeping Tauriel and Turwaithiel.

"How do you propose we get in?" I ask Falasdir who seemed to be preoccupied staring at the walls around us. He then gives me a smirk before producing a rope from his small bag.

"We climb, of course." He says like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I resisted the urge to slap him as he started to climb the steep and ragged walls of the castle like structure.

"Wait here." He instructs as he climbs towards a window. He stops suddenly, almost losing his grip. I clamp my mouth shut for a scream had threatened to come out. His hands go to one of his hips and I knew something was wrong. He was still not properly healed.

"Are you okay?" I whisper up at him and he signals that he was before continuing his climb. We all watch him get through the window. We wait a moment, until time seemed to stretch and I grew more worried by the minute until a rope fell over the window. I pull on it, making sure it was on tight before offering it to Elunir.

"You go first." I say and he gives me a nod and climbs up without question. I followed after him, almost lurching myself over the window. How do elves do this on a daily basis? I hated my human side at this moment. I glance around the room we were in, nothing fancy. It reeked. I turn to the window as the prince's head comes into view and after a few moments, Mantheniel had appeared.

"We must be quick. Do you know where the dungeons in this place are?" Elunir asks Falasdir who gives him a small nod.

"I might have an idea." He says and we follow him obediently. Somehow I grew suspicious. How come he knew? And insisted to come even though he was injured? I refused to believe he was a traitor. But I sure know someone is for who else would spill on Mantheniel? Who else knew of her lineage? Its hard to think Elunir had something to do with it. But Falasdir?

I am snapped away from my thoughts as I heard voices coming towards the way we were going. I prepare my bow and the prince does the same.

"Do not give them time to sound an alarm." Falasdir instructs and I find myself nodding my head. When the orcs came to view I let my arrow fly as their eyes landed on us. Legolas had successfully hit his target and so have I.

"Nice." Falasdir says to me with a smile and I shrug off the compliment. He was still in my suspicious list. We arrive in a small corridor where it reeked of piss and blood. I felt like gagging. Mantheniel covers her nose as the faces of the ellons with us contort is disgust. It was then we heard it. Voices in one of the rooms. We stopped outside the door and listen in.

"Are you sure she isn't in the battle field?" A voice asks, why did it sound so familiar. I notice Elunir stiffen beside me.

"Yes, my lord. She ain't there. Perhaps she did not come?" An orc.