Chapter 57.1: Royal Wedding

Authors note: Hey you guys, I am so sorry. xD this chapter was rather difficult to finish. But its here now. So, it got too long I had to divide it. XD

oh, and listen to the music

oh, and listen to the music. Its their wedding song. :3 and yes, that is her dress. :)

--

It was finally the day, a year had passed after their betrothal. The Kingdom was alive. Even the trees seemed to be enjoying the festivities.

The palace was bursting with movement. Maids and servants ran around the halls, everyone eager to play their part in the occasion. In the courtyard, where the King usually held his feasts, tables were placed across the green earth. Banners were hung. Autumn had arrived, the wedding was held on the same day as their beloved feast of starlight.

Streams of gold and silver decorated the palace walls. There was no need of tents for the elves quite enjoyed dancing and feasting under the watchful eyes of the moon and its many twinkling companions. The air that once was thick with a sickening darkness was gone, for what surrounded them now was happiness and calm. There palace would soon have a queen, and their king's heart was no longer distant and cold.

Mantheniel fumbled with the silver ring on her finger, glancing nervously out her window at the feast being held. A lot has happened in a year, after she had moved back to Mirkwood. Turwaithiel had stayed behind in Rivendell to continue her training and soon enough she would want to venture out into the wild. It worried her immensely, but not as much as what was happening tonight worried her. She twists the silver ring on her finger again when the door to her chambers burst open. She let out a tiny gasp and spun around, almost tripping over the expanse of her wedding gown.

"Nan Aear A Geil! You look beautiful, mellon nin!" Lindethiel exclaims as she bursts into the door, causing Mantheniel's heart to almost jump out of her chest. (By the sea and stars)

"Nan Belain, mellon nin! You frightened me!" Mantheniel drew her hand to her chest, attempting to sooth the beast inside. (By the Valar)

Lindethiel gives out a soft chuckle before walking up towards her friend, an impish smile on her face.

"Is it really me that you are frightened of?" She asks her in a teasing way and Mantheniel does nothing but look away, briefly glancing at the feast below. Her eyes spotting Thranduil, talking to Lord Elrond. Her heart races and she breathed deeply.

"My dear, you look like you are about to go to your doom. Do not look so, not in that dress. No, it does not suit the expression you wear." Lindethiel scolds her, trying to pry her off the window. Turwaithiel follows shortly after, her face beaming at the sight.

"You look truly magnificent, Mantheniel! The stars would be ashamed." She says brightly upon seeing her friend. Mantheniel feels the nervousness growing inside her as music fills the room.

"That is our cue, you must go now to the feast. Your husband- I mean betrothed, will be looking for you." Lindethiel grabs Mantheniel's arms and strongly pulls her with her out the door in a gentle way. Mantheniel could not seem to make her feet go where they should as Lindethiel practically drags her, Turwaithiel a step behind them.