Chapter 38: Farewell

Thranduils POV

I could not even look at her without feeling the pull. It was as if my body reacted differently around her, like it needed her to be close. It was unfair, the way I treated her. I would always be the one who grows weak and comes near her only to push her away more agressively. I wonder when she would actually stop letting me take such an advantage. We prepare for our departure from Lothlórien, we had come seeking answers and answers had been given. Mostly not in the manner that we would have liked.

"My Lord, we are ready." Falasdir calls, he could act like a stranger if he chooses to. Always a man of mystery. My eyes flickered briefly on her as she talks to her dark haired friend and Falasdir notices the movement as he gives me a look.

"Do you not tire of being so stubborn?" He says, his voice low so that only I could hear. I merely give him a look before ignoring his question completely as I make my way to my horse. Last night was another error on my part. I could not even give her a proper apology. I just left without another word.

Thranduil.

My eyes shot up to Lady Galadriel who had come to wish us farewell. Her eyes were trained on me as a small smile is painted on her lips.

Why do you resist?

I avert my eyes, knowing fully well whatever that would come out as my reply was not entirely the truth. I could very well be dying and still refuse to acknowledge the fact that my heart has grown weak for someone I barely knew. Someone I once detested and who in turn would kill me if need be. The corners of my lips tug as my mind remembers that not so long ago, the very elleth who I and kissed and kissed me back, had no second thoughts on killing each other and drawing a sword to each others throats. Now everything seemed to be spiraling into a different direction.

"My Lady, I cannot thank you enough for reuniting me with my sister." I glance back up to see Elunir kneeling in front of the Galadriel in respect, his blue skin a fair contrast to the light that emitted from the lady. Dawn was just breaking, the sun creeping up the horizon. Making tiny lights dance through the leaves. My eyes immediately break away as something else has caught my attention entirely. Her red hair has become more than just a mere distraction, it was a beacon just screaming for attention. It was braided loosely, I often found her hair to be free of braids and preferred it somewhat to be that way but seeing her hair pulled out of her face was not a view I could ignore. Galadriel immediately shifts her attention to Mantheniel who had stood beside her brother, tall and strong. The very air of a soldier, ready to die.

"I would like to thank you as well, Lady Galadriel. If it was not for you and your help I would have never known I had a brother and I would have not recovered the memories of my past. Although I harbor no ill feeling for Lord Elrond for his intentions were pure. I am just here to express my deepest gratitude." She bows then, as her hair falls slowly off her back. Even her voice sounded sounded like an invitation. I push the thoughts away as I became aware that Galadriel could possibly hear them and concentrate on getting ready for our trip back to Mirkwood. There was a thought I refused to acknowledge gnawing at me at the back of my mind. A thought that concerns the elleth I have been unfairly toying with. Not that I had intended to do so.

Galadriel stood before them as I await for them to finish their farewells. Falasdir remained behind me as did Tauriel. First was Elunir and his people, each asked to be allowed to place a kiss on the Lady's hand. I found it amusing and had a hard time controlling the smirk I meant to give to Galadriel herself. Elunir had gotten a short dagger from her, forged by the finest crafters and smiths of our kin. The Lady of light then turned her attention to Lindethiel who gives her a nervous look.