Chapter 31: Decisions

Authors note: Helloooo! I know, I know. I have got some explaining to do. I apologize for the tremendous lack of updates. *jumps into mount doom* I have been really busy with *whispers* school work and so I have not been able to write stuff. I am really sorry, for my apology I bring you another Filler-ish chapter! Enjoy! And thank you for your support. :3

----

Falasdirs POV

The palace was eerily quite. I make my routine rounds to check if everything was in place. I stop at doors along the way as my mind replays the events that had unfolded not a few hours ago.

"I am your brother."

Mantheniel takes a moment to take in what the blue skinned ellon had said. Even I could not hide my surprise at his confession. He takes a step forward as Mantheniels brows furrow even more. She must be confused.

"Mantheniel, let me explain." The blue ellon begs, reaching out for her. She steps back, the defiance burning in her eyes.

"I have no brother." She states, with a slight shake of her head. The strange ellons hand drops back to his side.

"What proof do you have?" It was Lord Elrond to ask the question, as all eyes turned to him but Mantheniel who was still staring straight at the ellon before her claiming to be her brother.

The ellon shifts a little as his eyes drop to the ground, he looked defeated and utterly crest fallen.

"I have none, but memories and my words." He says in a somber tone as if he already knew it would not do him any good. Lord Elrond merely raises an eyebrow at this.

"What use are words when none but you, know of how true they are?" It was the kings voice now, that echoed through the room. I glance up at him, he had been strangely worried about Mantheniel these past few days. I fight the urge to roll my eyes at him. What a fool.

"And we all know how memories can easily be rearranged or change into what the person desires." He was descending down the stairs, his eyes never leaving the strange ellon.

"Tell me, if you are her brother, why come looking for her now? After all these years."

The ellon had a bigger build than Thranduil and they both towered over all of us, making it impossible to predict who would win if a fight broke out. But I had a feeling, the ellon before me was not one who would attack so recklessly.

"I had not known about her." He replies, his voice low but strong.

"I left before she had been born, before she even had been conceived." He glances at Mantheniel who was looking back and forth at the king and him.

"I had only found out days ago, when we had visited the Lady of light, Lady Galadriel."

"The lady knows of your existence?" Lord Elrond chimes in, he was getting more and more curious from the looks of it.

"Yes. She does. She had told me that I was not the only last living elf that had drow blood flowing through their veins. I had told her it was impossible for most of our kind was slain and had sailed to the undying lands after the war."

"She had said, look to the forest. A maiden with hair like fire and eyes burning the same flame as the sun. She is your mothers daughter. At first I could not believe it, but she had persuaded me saying that her life is in danger and I must do my part to protect her until the time comes when she will be united with the one she is destined with."