Chapter 33: New paths

"Hokage-Sama, Hokage-Sama, wake up!" Shizune shook Tsaunde interminably. She was shriveling, she exhausted her chakra, she fought to protect the village and this was the result.

"Wake up God damn it!" Her echoing, relentless cries apprehended the villagers attention, they ran, gathering at the tower.The people gathered spectating, their hearts were in shambles, their Hokage wasn't responding. The majority of the people were shedding tears.

Some withheld their grief conveying only perturbed expressions. Was she alright, they pondered. Peril spread in the spectators of this mournful sight, "What would happen if enemies found out we don't have a leader!? It would be chaos!" A woman spoke.

The rest exclaimed their worries too. What was going to happen to them, "Silence." A deep voice caught the heed of the villagers, "I am going to take over." The voice proclaimed, it was time, Danzo had waited patiently for this. He was going to lead them into the future.

"So don't worry! I will take care of everything!" The people were easily enticed. His plan was with no doubt going to work. The leaf would go back to its former glory. He looked at Naruto in the dense ground, a baleful grin on his lips. Yes, it was going to work. He turned away and walked off. 'Uzumaki Naruto.'

Shizune wiped the tears off her face, "First order of business, rebuilding of the leaf! But first set up a tent and tend to Hokage-Sama! I will procure material from other Nations. So please co-operate." She turned her back running to the new Hokage. She never liked Danzo. He was not one to trust.

"Hokage-Sama, I think it would be wise to call a five Kage summit to announce our current predicament." Shizune advised her new boss. It felt wrong calling someone else Hokage apart from Taunade.

"Oh, I know. One week from now." They continued walking, "Tell the villagers to clear the land for building. Tell them setup foundations. Gather the architects, tell them to plan a much better village, I didn't really like the old one. They will be rewarded heftily." He was already accustomed to the role.

Shizune wrote it down and headed back to the crowd. She gathered the architects, builders and some other persons set up tents and others cleared the place.

________________________________

"A substitution," Madara spoke nonchalantly, "You fell prey to a substitution, I didn't really expect this from you, Sasuke."

"Hn." Was his reply. It was hard, he almost died, he was not looking forward to fighting him again. That would be down right suicide.

"And you can't attempt another capture for a while. Their security is probably tighter now." Madara spoke. He wasn't angry... Sasuke couldn't feel anything radiating from the man... they stared intensely at each other. Taka could feel the tension between them... As the saying goes, saved by the freak.

Zestu permeated through the table ceasing the tension in the room. He gingerly followed Pein as his entire body teleported. He looked mortified, he seemed to be whispering something important in his ear, Pein nodded acknowledging the abrupt information, and when he was done, Zetsu exited room.

"Your friend... Naruto was it, is a very dangerous foe. She apparently took down Pein." Two blunders... And from his aces...

"I don't care about that." Sasuke was truthful and stern. Madara liked that. He walked up to the younger man, slightly bending over and rested his arm on his broad shoulder, "There is a five Kage's summit. Danzo is the leafs new leader. And in one week from now, he will head to the land of iron." He too exited the room. Sasuke felt pleased, he would finally enact his revenge... After him, his target was the feudal Lord, then the elders and finally the Leaf. Things were looking good...

"What did he say?" Suigetsu inquired. The bastard was getting on his nerves nowadays. He was ignoring him more often now.

"Karin, you and I in one week from now are going on an important mission. So be ready. Store up as much chakra as you body can." He exited the room. His chakra was suffocating and cold... And she was hungry, she ate a lot, it was expected since she was carrying Sasuke's baby. The thought of her being a mom was nostalgic and brought her joy, 'Soon your daddy will know.' She lovingly rubbed her stomach gaining bemused stares from the occupants of the room.

________________________________

"What! Ma brothers been kidnapped?!" A giant blonde man punched  a mahogany table in half.

"Y-yes, and it was Sasuke Uchiha who supposedly did it." A bold man with shades quivered in fear, everyone knew how the Raikage got about his younger brother.

"I will kill that bastard, nobody touches B!" He raged, this was war, the Akatsuki wanted war with the land of lighting, "Assemble team Samui! The God damn leaf has to keep its rogues in check!" lighting emerged around him. He was going to kill that bastard.

"Yes Lord Ay!" The man rushed out not wanting to die a premature death in there. He pondered, why someone would provoke Lord Raikage? He was revered as one of the  strongest shinobi of his era, and yet someone kidnapped his brother?! Well, it wasn't just a someone, it was a man with an ambition and power.

The man ran searching for team Samui, he had to find them, his life depended on it. They would probably be at the the land of lightings ninja academy. They were tasked to instruct the children on chakra nature's and tykes of ninjutsu and genjutsu. He made his way to their location.

The leaf's rogue signed his own death warrant. Veins popped out in the mans face, he was going to destroy Uchiha Sasuke, he punched a hole in the wall, the rage in him was going to burst! His aura was beyond menacing, "Uchiha Sasuke!" Ay's voice echoed in the village hidden in the clouds.

To be continued