Chapter 4: A Snakes venom

Naruto was in bed, her face deep in her pillow. Low sniffles filled her room. She was in so much dejection... Poor girl...

It was killing her from the inside, but on the outside, she was 'cheerful' as ever. a few people noticed this... Tsunade and Jiriaya could see through the forced grin, but they kept quiet, knowing that they couldn't do anything to help. Who could blame them? Sasuke was untouchable, with him being protected by that snake and four-eyes, It was a miracle that they managed to infiltrate one of Orochimaru's hideouts!

"No use crying about it..." Spoke Naruto, wiping away the tears that had trailed down her whiskered cheeks. Standing up, she started for the bathroom to take a shower.

She exited the bathroom, feeling refreshed, and a little better, She then went to her bedroom to get her 'day off' attire, a black T-shirt and a pair of orange shorts.

Not minding to dry her hair, she got into her clothes and headed to the kitchen For breakfast, maybe ramen would cheer her up? A sigh escaped Naruto's mouth, Her eyes where lifeless, they almost looked as dead as Sasuke's... 'almost!'

Naruto got some ramen from a cupboard, and set it in the microwave. Watching as the clock counted down, she spaced out...

'Sasuke-teme... Why can't you see revenge is not the path to take? If you can't see that I'm trying to save you... I don't blame you, you've always been the 'dunce' one of kaka-sensei's students...' Naruto thought Nonchalantly, with a small smile on her face. 'But still, you'll always be 'my teme', I won't let you take the wrong path, because... Because I l-love you, Sasuke.

A distinctive 'ding' stopped her trail of thought. Her grin widened, reaching for the microwave, she opened it and grabbed her ramen, and began on her 'first cup'.

__________________________________

"Ahhhhhhhhh!" A hoarse voice screamed in pain. Even though the figure laying in bed, was feeling excruciating pain... He was smiling sinisterly. "Now, now, Sasuke-kun, let's not go there, why do you always resort to violence." Orochimaru asked almost teasingly.

Sasuke had his change in chakra form chidori in Orochimaru's arms.

"You have nothing more to teach me, Orochumaru." Sasuke said, his voice stern, and going straight to the point as usual.

Orochimaru laughed at Sasuke's statement, yes Orochimaru had run out of things to teach Sasuke... But there was still 'one important' thing Orochimaru never taught Sasuke...

"Never let your guard down." Orochimaru said, his grin getting wider... And in a flash, a giant white snake emerged from his mouth. It had brunette hair, yellow eyes, a slit in place of a pupil, and surprisingly, it's body was composed of smaller white snakes.

Sasuke was unfazed gazing upon Orochimaru's 'true form'. "Hn, look what you are now, Orochimaru. All those experiments and for what. In and out of different bodies, and at last, you became this. You disgust me... Always trying to find out the secrets of nature... how pathetic.''

"Well, I have a good reason for that, Sasuke-kun." His tongue flickered around in the air.

Sasuke glared daggers at Orochumaru while awaiting for an answer.

"To find the perfect body, to find that particular hosst that ca-" the snake hissed.

" Hn, so you think I would just hand over my body, you bastard." Sasuke mocked, his eyes showing disgust.

"I wanted revenge so bad that I was willing to give up my body... Back then, I never had a choice than to follow you, I had to get stronger... I needed to get stronger, to kill...him. Just because I was young and weak, you thought I was intellectually barren too, Orochumaru."

Orochumaru was still not moving a muscle. He knew the outcome of this battle. He was going to win. But it wouldn't hurt to take his time, right?

"Itachi was out of the equation, so you choose to get my body instead. But now... I've matured enough to see through deception. And they call you the genius amongst the legendary sanin... Genius like you are pretty ordinary next to an Uchia." Sasuke said belittling Orochimaru.

" You've always been sharp, Sasuke-kun."Orochumaru praised. "And that's one of the reasons I want your body!" Quickly, Orochumaru charged at Sasuke.

Crimson filled Sasuke's once obsidian eyes. Seeing Orochumaru in slow-mo, he unsheathed his chokutō.

The clash began, Sasuke slicing, Orochumaru dodging and trying to pinpoint the right moment to begin the body transfer.

The snake man was getting frustrated, 'I have to stop playing defensive.' He thought, getting ready to attack. Dodging Sasuke's coordinated slices, he attacked.

Sasuke had a smug look on his face, Orochimaru's attack was pathetic, more pathetic than his life. "Is that all you have to put on the table." He asked in disappointment. His eyes widened in fraction when he saw 'Orochumaru's body snakes' sent his way. Reflex! He cut all their heads off.

'Its time.' Sasuke thought. Taking off his obi, he began to transform... His skin turning grey a black mark on the bridge of his nose, his hair losing it's color, becoming light grey. Wings emerged, protecting him. From the other wave of attacks.

"A snake the crawled on the earth, dreamn't of soaring to the sky, it kept it's eyes on a baby bird that that'd been maturing in its own nest, never realising that...

Blood and chunks of snakes covered the room. Sasuke had completed his transformation.

"It's a hawk! And the snake has becoming the prey."

One last attack was what Sasuke needed now, one strong, attack at that. The snake was already weakend. It seems the fight with the dobe drained him that much.

"Sasuke! Your body is mine!"

"Chidori! Sasuke exclaimed. Soaring to the sky, he was ready for the finishing blow. He was ready to kill the snake.
_________________________________

Sasuke opened his eyes... Orochumaru was transferring his body into his!?

'No... No! No! Nooo! I can't let him win! I cant lose my body even before I rid the word of Itachi!'  Sasuke didn't want to lose at at all! He wanted to fulfil his promise...

"This is my universe, Sasuke!"

Sasuke was quiet, a scold on his face panting and fighting for his body...

'I... Don't have the strength... ' He thought sadly... 'Kaa-chan... Tou-san... I'm sorry... I can't win... I-' an image came into his mind disturbing his trail of thought... an image of the person he never wanted to see even if his life depended on it. why would he think of her? Why her of all people? Why did it have to be her... let's see... maybe, he was thinking of her because she was one of the reasons he wanted to be stronger? The only person who acknowledge him?...

"I can do anything I want here! Sasuke!" Orochumaru yelled manically...

Yes! That's the reason he wouldn't let his body go... he wanted to kill Itachi! He opened his eyes. Orochumaru's expression switched from a triumphed one to a more scared one.

The once white snakes that where going into Sasuke's body turned... Black?! A smirk crept it's way on Sasukes lips. He was doing what Orochumaru was doing to him, but different... Was he absorbing the snake....?

"Nani! No, No, No! This can't happen. I'm Kami in this universe! I can't lose!''

" How pathetic." Where Sasuke's last words before he completed absorbing the bastard!

Sasuke did that out sheer will... Amazing! But wait... Where did he get the will power from?... Is trying to protect your prec-

To be continued