Chapter 56: Ticking Bomb

Kabuto smiled as the famous Genbū came into view, "Who thought it would be this easy to find it." He hissed, "Now Manda, attack!" He ordered the swimming serpent.

Naruto scrutinized the animals lined in front of her, "alright, you seem strong, you'll be of good use!" She smiled at a giant gorilla.

Gai and Yamato watched from a distance, Naruto was completely ignorant about the fact that a war was about to breakout, "She mustn't know... But I'm afraid it's a matter of time until she does, the Akatsuki won't rest until they get those two..." Yamato worried.

"Yes... and if the Akatsuki gets a hold of them... it will be devastating..." Gai thought about the carnage that would break loose, all the deaths the Nations would suffer.

"Hey you! Where are you going!" Naruto scolded a fleeting armadillo, "Come back-

"Argh!" A deafening monstrous roar caught everyone off guard, the ground shook and the birds dispersed in fear from the trees.

"What was that?!" Her eyes were dilated, and adrenaline pumped in her veins...

"Naruto, get over here!" Yamato exclaimed. This was bad, had  the Akatsuki located them already?

"I thought this place was supposedly hard to find..." Deidara spoke from the comfort of his aerial view.

"Supposedly, yes. Do me a favor and blow this place up." Kabuto had a sinister grin on his face.

"With pleasure." He dropped a small clay jellyfish, that expanded with each second that flew by, "Art, is an explosion!"

The clay Bomb went off and the island was flipped over, "Ha ha ha ahh!" Deidara released a sadistic guffaw, "Oh how I missed this!"

Kabuto did some digging around and found Deidaras body... it was in horrible condition... but a bit of medical ninjutsu here and there, and finally some reanimation jutsu he was back and kicking.

"Now that that's done, the two remaining jinchuriki will be forced to come out." Kabuto smiled sinisterly.

"Deidara!" A raspy voice roared, it struck the blonde man off guard as his eyes widened with his mouth agape, "You stupid old man!" His shock turned to rage, "Glad I could see you so soon!" He outstretched his hands and a barrage of clay balls escaped his mouths, erupting in violent explosions.

Onoki maneuvered, agilely dodging the explosions, he flew quickly over the water as the explosions followed closely behind, slightly cooking his shoes.

"Particle dismantling jutsu!" The bird on which Kabuto and Deidara stood was mere air now.

'That was quick...' Deidara thought, 'He's still got some spunk.'

"Tch, sly old fox..." Deidara had an irked smirk as he landed on the stomach of Genbū.

"Deidara, I thought dead men told no tales... but yet here you are running your mouth..." Onoki landed slowly on the turtles belly. He almost had a heart attack when he heard the Akatsuki had located the remaining Jinchuriki... if they got third hands on them, it was going to be bad news... for everyone...

"We'll guess what you old geezer, I ain't dead!" He threw another clay ball, it drew in the Tsuchikage's proximity at an alarming rate, but he showed no fear and never wavered.

"Earth style, mud wall!" Akatsuchi came to the old man's aid. The collision destroyed the wall, sending the man flying as crimson hot pieces of debris flew everywhere.

"Good job kid." Onoki patted his head, "Deidara, you were my mistake... And I have no choice but to destroy you once and for all."

He clasped his hands together, grotesque veins emerging, "Particle dismantling jut-

"Old man, look at where we are... if you do that here you could possibly kill the turtle!" Kurotsuchi warned...

A sigh escaped the old geezer, "Right... I best take this somewhere else." He hoped a couple of times, and In a flash his hand clenched Deidara's face, "This way!" He punched the boy with his other hand sending him flying at an absurd speed.

Deidara's vision blurred, he couldn't see the old man!

"Here I am." He charged at him as quick as lighting. A wide grin appeared on Deidara's face. Excitement was laced in his eyes. He clenched his hands and opened them, veins decorated them.

"And now, let me show you my art!" He created a centipede, "This should take if you!" He threw threw his appraised art vehemently, making it a mere blur.

___________________________________

"Come back here you coward!" Gai exclaimed, "Bring Yamato back!"

Everything happened so quickly, one minute there was an earthquake, the next they went upside down and the a pale man appeared... spewing bull crap and took off with Yamato...

Gai was enraged... this was surely getting dangerous... But luckily the two were safe... Killer Bee and Naruto that is.

"Kabuto..."  Naruto whispered... even with the power of the nine tails she couldn't do anything...

"What was that?" Gai inquired.

"It was Kabuto... that man was Kabuto..."

"But... why did he look so different...?"

"I don't know... but his chakra was weird too... it felt slimy and cold... it felt like... it felt like Orochimarus..."

A frown took over Gai's fractures, "Oh... that's strange..."

"Yes it is... like why you guys are hiding something from me... something is going on and you guys are going to tell me..." she looked enraged...

Gai pondered deeply... should he? A sigh escaped Gai, "Might as well tell you... We are at war Naruto."

She kept her eyebrows furrowed. Curiosity, anger and confusion engulfed her... "With?"

Gai paused and looked her straight in her eyes... he didn't have his usual easy going demeanor anymore... Neither was he smiling, "The Akatsuki."

To be continued