Chapter 47: S Ranked Mission

"So why the hell were you hiding you little prick!" The Raikage slapped his younger brother multiple times. Each slap creating a loud reverberating sound as it made contact.

"Yo, yo! Chill," Killer Bee pled, he was found some weeks prior, but his brother still harbored a grudge. Acting decently, he abided by the status quo and avoided rhyming when speaking and being obnoxious in public. Regardless of all this, his brother still scorned what he did and beat the living shit out of him. He even helped take out an Akatsuki member. But still wasn't spared.

"Big brother, I'm sorry fo lying-but when I'm rhyming-I feel like I'm flying but yo- When you hit me I feel like dying- So- Stop. Yo-weee-

He was cut short, "Shut up!", He punched killer Bee sending him flying. The sound was blood curdling, "There you go again with your bad rhymes!" Mabui, the Raikages assistant heard his jaw snap. It was  a marvel he was still alive.

"Anyways away from that. You are going back to Genbu, but this time you are going with some... but think of has a vacation. Take care of her." The Raikage ordered. Seemingly to an unconscious killer bee.

Slowly rising up, Bee looked somewhat displeased by the fact he had to take care of someone. But if it was going to get his brother off his case then so be it, "When do I leave." He questioned.

"Tomorrow, the girl and a few others are going to come with her." The Raikage added.

Genbu is a moving Island home to giant creatures, and, is where the Raikage and his younger brother trained. During their stay, Bee befriended all the animal and somehow, someway- tamed the eight tails. needless to say, Ay was bewildered, when he found out.

Killer Bee stood up and nodded and headed out of the room. He seemed to be in deep contemplation, would he see him, again. His friend. His best friend.

_______________________________

"You are going to Kumogakure, tomorrow." Tsunade dittoed, this sudden embankment... In a land she had little to no knowledge about. She had only been to the land of once. And that was with Ero-senin, all he did was get drunk and spy on Kumo- women. And shortly after we visited he ended up being banned from there. He had an obsession with Kumo women.

"Oh... But Ba-Chan, what's the mission exactly?" She wondered, Tsunade always gave the missions details,  "Am I protecting someone important? Searching accident remains- battling-

"Sadly I have no details. The Raikage just said it's something only you could do and it was very important." She had to give it to him, he was sharp. Sending them away eleven days before the allied Shinobi force met in Sunagakure. They were the only targets, or rather objective that the Akatsuki needed to complete. So the Raikage thought best to handicap them by making the two phantoms.

"I see. Then I'll have to start packing then?" She asked, wondering if it was really an S rank.

"Oh, and Naruto. You will be going with Gai and Yamato. Be by the gate at seven." Tsunade added, gaining a little nod from Naruto and she left.

The streets of Konoha had a vibrant buzz to them. The hostility from the villages had worn thin. Their looks were friendly... warm, so you could say. She actually felt safe. "Hey, Naruto-San!" A woman with coffee brown hair waved, "Come here, I have something for you!"

Naruto turned to the woman smiling, "Oh, uh t-that's alright-

"No!" She grabbed Naruto's hand dragging her into a store, a store she didn't have access to prior back... Naruto looked reluctant, this store was known to have the best clothes in Konoha, and the lady who called was the owners daughter, Junpei.

"C'mon, don't feel shy! Pick anything you want!" She displayed an array of expensive clothes. They were so nice! But one thing in particular, caught her attention; A black jacket with an orange zip. It had a crimson band with the Konoha spiral on the bicep area engraved in a dark onyx and collar was orange.

She felt shy and and gingerly pointed and the jacket,"I want to buy this one-

Junpei looked at the girl, modesty was going to kill her, "Who said anything about a payment?" Junpei rushed over and got one for, she got it two sizes bigger as Naruto requested. And Junpei added in some all black pants too.

"Thank you so much Junpei!" Naruto smiled at Junpei, she ran off to her new apartment complex, man, was life good or what? Naruto ran up the stairs quickly, she had to pack. Tomorrow was a big day!

_______________________________

"Father, you're fighting in this war too?" Shikamaru asked his father. Shikaku Nara was one of the smartest shinobi in the leaf, possibly one of the smartest in all five nations.

"Of course I am. It's my obligation as a shinobi, Shikamaru." He, Shikamaru and Kakashi were tasked to organize every shinobi that was going to fight in the war.

Though this was a large scale operation, Naruto hadn't known about all this. She didn't notice the preparations that were underhand. The preparations to retaliate against Madara...

"Dad..." Shikamaru spoke quietly, it was like the first time he went on a mission, "Dad..."

"What is it Shikamaru?" This wasn't like his son, he looked vulnerable. It's was quiet, the only sound being the crickets signing their serenade. Shikamaru could hear how fast his heart beat against his chest... He knew this feeling...

"Shikamaru!" His father approached him, "What's wrong?"

He looked down, the idea of... War, "I'm scared..." Scared the shit out of him. What if they all died...? What if he wasn't going to see his mothers face?

"Snap out of it. You don't have to force yourself to fight. If it's too much for you to handle then stop. I don't blame you, war is a drag." He lit a cigarette, "Oh and Shikamaru, don't tell your mom I was smoking." He smiled.

Shikamaru's conscience wouldn't let him runaway... "you're right, it's a drag," That calmed him down, "Hey dad, can try a cigarette?"

His dad looked at him shocked, I guess hanging around Asuma changed him, but still, "No, Shikamaru..."

"But, c'com, I'll tell mom if you-

"Alright, alright... Sheesh." He pulled one out from his box, "Here, this is our secrete. Mom should not know."

"No problem, old man." Shikamaru smiled.

"Hey, I'm only 39...

"And that's young?"

"Shut, Shikamaru."

"No problem, talking is such a drag." He lit his cigarette with Asumas lighter. Men this brought back memories.

To be continued

Sorry for any grammatical errors, bye ❤️