Chapter 36: Five Kage summit

Naruto's injuries were torrid, her head smarted from the remaining lacerations on her face and the constant pondering about Sasuke. Today was the five Kage summit. She would plead the Raikage to lift the hit off his head.

The image of Sasuke smiling at her was stuck in her mind. It was the first and last he truly smiled... He was so angry during the academy days...

Apparently Yamato and Kakashi were guarding her, she hadn't the slightest intention of telling them who assaulted her, no matter how persistent they were with their inquiring, she held her bitter silence. This was a hinderance to Naruto truth be told. They were at the front of her tent...

So she decided she would sneak out the back. She quietly got dressed and slipped under the tent, her injuries were healing at bewildering rate. She only had a few cuts now.

The land of iron was south east of the village, so her estimated travel time was three hours. She looked to see if the coast was clear and commenced her trek to the land of iron. She loved Sasuke to the point she would run miles and miles for him, he was her bestfriend, after all. She wanted him safe. So, she was going to run.

_______________________________

"Taka, to the land of iron, now." Blood lust filled Sasuke's eyes. He could almost smell the blood of that pig on his sword. He was going to make him pay for his deeds. The endless abyss of rage, known as his heart has lost the last thread that gave him the slightest bit of emotion...

Jugo had gone back to his normal size. He was needed at full strength for their endeavor. Karin was urging to tell Sasuke, but she couldn't, Madara would kill both of them. Her and her baby.

The team started off after Madara and Sasuke had a word. It seemed to be confidential and highly important as they were a great distance from them and spoke quietly.

First Madara had to, tend to something's, the number of tailed beasts he had were enough... There so much preparation...

______________________________

Yamanaka Fuu and Aburame Torune were Danzo's bodyguards they were the best in the root. And he would gladly put his life in their hands if need be. He needed his plan to be set on motion. But Sasuke, a man driven by revenge and a list for blood wasn't going to make it easy.

"How long, Yamanaka?" He questioned an orange haired man, superiority was laced in his voice.

"Approximately thirty minutes." These were at the peak of the root, sworn puppets to Danzo, "At this rate you'll be first to arrive." He forced them to report early, Danzo believed punctuality was an important attribute for the Hokage to have.

The place where they were meeting was coming into view. He had to entice the Raikage to lift the hit. You see, Danzo was enthusiastic when it came to collecting, and his collection was missing sibling pairs...

________________________________

"Naruto?" Yamato had been calling her for minutes but got no reply, he was irked, "I'm coming in, Naruto!" He slowly opened the tent to see if she was there and to his dismay, Naruto wasn't there!

He was distressed, he hurriedly ran out of the tent, "Kakashi! Naruto isn't in her tent!" He exclaimed at the man reading a book. Kakashi shut it gingerly and released a sigh. He saw this coming.

"Do you perhaps have an idea where she could-

"She is probably headed to the land of iron. Assemble to team seven, we're going after her." She was such a pain, he had a feeling she would pull some crap like this but didn't bother preparing any precautions, his book was getting spicy. And a part of him didn't wish for Sasuke to be harmed. Yamato nodded and went off to call Sai and Sakura. She probably wasn't that far ahead. A few ninja hounds and she would be found.

________________________________

'Sasuke, in a few months...' Karin rubbed her womb, her sensory abilities could feel the chakra, it was like Sasuke's, but warm and loving, it felt innocent and welcoming.

Suigetsu was irritated looking at Karin caress her womb, he got irked thinking about the two together, and enraged him thinking he planted a baby in her... The reason why was obscure, but deep down he knew why.

"I will infiltrate the Kage meeting room right after white Zetsu, he will act as a diversion as I confront our primary target." Sasuke walked through tyhe plane. It was far from intricate, easy to carry out, straight forward. This was going to be bloody.

"So what about us, Sasuke-San?" Jugo questioned, he wanted to be as helpful as possible, he didn't want to be a minority.

"Kill all of their Subordinates." The words slipped out if his mouth as if they meant nothing, life had no importance to him. It didn't matter who's.

Karin grew skeptical, was it wise to disclose that she was pregnant... It was probably smart to keep to herself.

It got colder as they reached they entered the land of iron, despite the slight snow, their destination was far.

Sasuke could see footprints, probably belong to Danzo and his escorts. It was unpredictable what would happen during meeting, so a rule was established; A minimum of one and a maximum of two personnel were allowed to escort the Kage.

_________________________________

Run, run, just run, don't stop running, Naruto ran faster than she had ever before, her heart was beating quickly against her chest, but she didn't feel tired, surprisingly, her adrenaline levels were getting higher.

It got got colder the further she entered the land of iron, but her body being in constant motion, it didn't affect her. This all for Sasuke, so run!

To be continued

Note: I recommend listening to the song while reading this chapter! I don't know if that's possible, but listen to it either way! Bye♥️