Chapter 9

JENNIE

"Honey. Wake up or else you will be late," I heard mum yell from downstairs.

I genuinely don't feel like getting up today. I slept at 4 am but can't even give that as an excuse to skip school because the moment mum finds out, she will definitely kill me. It's not my fault honestly, the book I was reading last night was so exceptional that I couldn't stop myself from turning the pages until the last one arrived.

"Jennie, are you still sleeping?" I heard dad ask while he was climbing up the stairs to get to my room.

"I'm awake dad," I replied and got up from my bed.

"Don't feel like going to school?"

"Yes."

"You can always give an excuse of being sick," Dad said and winked at me. (AN: Sana all ganyan ang dad 😅)

I giggled softly. My dad is seriously the best, he always has an instant solution to all my problems.

"I think I will just go dad, besides being sick is followed by forcefully drinking sour juices made by mum and I am sure I don't want to taste that," I said and chuckled.

"Whatever you wish my baby." He said kissing my forehead and went out to help mum in preparing breakfast.

*******

I entered the school to see big posters hanging everywhere about the Masquerade party. All the boys and girls were so excited about it.

I sort of found these parties boring and stupid because what's the point in wearing a mask and dancing with people?

"I am so excited," said Rosé when she saw me standing next to my locker.

"Count me out of it," I replied to her.

"What? Don't tell me you don't like masquerade parties?"

"Of course I don't."

"And why is that?" Kai asked. He stood just behind me, his hands folded and his body resting on the lockers. Rosé nodded at this, clearly stating that she wanted to hear my answer too.

"I just find it stupid," I said in a casual tone and both of them didn't look satisfied with my answer.

"I just find the masks stupid. Like what if I had a really good time with that person and later on found out that he is some serial killer or maybe a very hairy guy? I would be so disappointed. So it's better without the mask thingy." I said to make myself more clear.

This made both of them crack into a series of laughter and I didn't even understand why. Rosé was banging the lockers and laughing like an insane person and Kai had almost sat on the ground and both of them looked like they were unable to breathe because of laughing so much.

"Hairy guy? Seriously Jennie?" Rosé asked between her laughs.

"Oh Damn. You are so funny." Kai commented.

"Could you two please stop laughing?" I said while taking my books from my locker.

"Okay." They said together but a few seconds later they started laughing again.

"I am done with you guys," I said in a loud voice and started walking ahead. I had just taken a few steps when I saw my best friend putting her tongue inside an innocent girl's mouth. She must be thinking that they will start dating now but little does she know that it's just going to be a one night stand.