Chapter 16

JENNIE

Kai  was Franz? The guy I met at the masquerade ball was not someone else but my own friend Kai? How couldn't I recognise him? This thing was hard for me to digest because I always thought that the guy I met that day was someone else, someone I have never met before, but little did I know that it was Kai. Kai Kim is Franz.  Kai is the guy I thought I liked. He's the one I felt a strong connection with.

All these thoughts of mine came to a pause when I heard Tae call my name, "Jennie come down, she's going to be here any moment."

"Yes I'm coming." I said and made my way downstairs.

The moment I went down, I saw the whole dinning table filled with delicious food which I hardly get to eat except when we have dinner with the Manoban's because obviously Aunt Chaerin is the best cook ever and she makes sure that everyone's favourite dish is made that day.

"This smells so good mom." I said and gave her a hug.

"Thanks honey, it took me two hours to prepare all this."

"I'm scared." I heard Tae say in a low voice and both of us turned to look at him.

"Scared of what?" I asked because my brother never gets scared of anything. He is the bravest and strongest person I know in my life.

"I..I just hope you guys like her."

This made both me and mom crack into a series of laughter.

"Don't worry son, we are going to love her I'm sure about that." Dad said while coming out of his room.

"Yes I'm sure we will." Both me and mom said in unison.

Before Tae could say anything the door bell rang signalling the arrival of his girlfriend. He hurried to open the door and before opening the door, he turned to look at me one last time. "Please don't do anything embarrassing."

"Don't worry big brother. I won't do anything to spoil today's evening."

The moment he opened the door, I was shocked to see the person who stood on our doorstep wearing a pretty pink dress. She looked absolutely gorgeous, she was just too pretty for my brother. I mean it's not like Tae is bad or anything but she's just too damn beautiful.

"Jennie! how are you doing girl?" She said and gave me a big hug.

Why do I feel like I know her already?

"I'm fine but do we kn-"

"Ouch. You hurt my feelings girl. Forgot? I'm Krystal. You came to the cafe I work, with Kai that day."

"Oh my God! Yes. I remember. I'm sorry it's just been so many months that I totally forgot."

"That's okay. I'm glad to see you again." She said and gave me one of her charming smile.

Why is she so damn beautiful? My brother definitely got the best girl for himself.

"So you guys already know each other?" Tae asked

"Yes we have met already." I said.

Krystal then turned to look at my parents and greeted them with her cute smile.

"Hello Krystal. I'm Sandara. You can call me Aunt Dara if you want." Mom said and gave her a hug.

"And I'm Jiyong"