Chapter 10

JENNIE

Masquerade parties suck. I despise it so much and I don't even know what I am doing here. It's all because of my stupid best friend, Lisa. She forced me to come here but now she is nowhere to be seen. Shell must be probably dancing with some random girl while grabbing her ass. I try to clear the picture of Lisa grabbing someone's ass and focus on the drink kept in front of me. I am currently sitting at the bar and sipping on my drink to lighten up my mood a little.

"Can I buy you a drink?" I heard someone ask from behind me. The voice seemed very familiar but I couldn't recognize who it was, obviously because of the stupid mask that he was wearing.

"Do I even know you?"

"No. But there's always a first time." He winked at me. I gazed at him for a few seconds and realized though his face was hidden behind the mask but his smile was undeniably cute.

"Okay."

"Okay." He repeated my words whilst having a dashing smile on his face.

"Okay."

"I think okay is going to be our always," he said with a light chuckle.

Damn. He has surely watch the fault in our stars.

"That's such an original dialogue you have come up with," I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Yeah, I know." He laughed. He had a contagious laugh and I loved the sound of it.

"So what's your name?"

"Rubyjane."

"Are you from our school?"

"No."

"Which school are you from then?"

"Why should I tell you that?"

"Let me start then, my name i-"

Before he could complete his sentence I raised my hands and asked him to stop.

"I don't want to know your name."

"And why is that?"

"Let's make a deal."

"What?" He asked bewildered with whatever was happening right now.

"Let's just enjoy this party without telling our names to each other."

"But why?"

"What if you tell me your name and I realize that you are some guy I really hate and then I wouldn't feel like talking to you anymore and that would spoil all the fun we could have tonight," I said in one breath and started gasping for air.

He laughed looking at me and then passed me a glass of water. "I agree with that. So I am guessing Rubyjane isn't your real name?"

"Yes. It's a nice name though.." I said in a low voice which gained a light chortle from his side.

"My name's Franz. It was nice meeting you, Rubyjane." He said while curtsying to me just the way they show it in every romantic cheesy movie.

"Can I have a dance with you?"

"Sure. I would love that." I said and blushed lightly. He held my hand and together we went to the dance floor. A piece of slow music started playing and he slid his hand to my waist, I froze at his touch. It was electrifying but after a few seconds, I circled my hands around his neck and we just stood there moving our bodies with the song. This was far better than what I expected it to be. I didn't even know this guy but his touch melted me. It was so comforting that I wanted to stay like this for a long time.