CHAPTER 5

"So tell me, did you like the gifts I sent you ?" Karn asked.

"I loved them. And so did Prabhavati jiji." Anaahat said.

"Don't tell me you gave something to her...." Karn sighed.

"She loved the Uttariyas so much that I couldn't help but give to her. She was so happy after that." Anaahat said innocently.

"But I brought them for you Anaahat." Karn said getting up.

He walked two steps ahead and folded his arms, everytime he brings some gifts for her, she would always give something to Prabhavati.

Anaahat sighed as she went towards him and held his arm, turning him towards her.

"We're meeting after so long, and you will be angry with me ?" Anaahat asked.

He looked at her big eyes and all his anger vanished seeing those sweet honey like orbs.

"Can I ever stay mad at you ?" He said and smiled.

"I don't know, you're a hot-headed being. Who knows when you'll get so angry at me, that you'll marry someone else ?" She teased.

At that he grabbed her hands and pulled her closer to him.

"Don't ever speak like that. I can never do that, I only want to marry you and I will win your hand in front of all the kings in the swayamvar." He said.

"What's that ?" She asked.

"What's what ?" He asked confused.

"Those jingling sound ? You brought something for me ?" Anaahat asked.

At that Karn realised that he forgot about the earrings. He suddenly smiled widely as he showed her the lavish earrings.

Anaahat was in awe seeing them, they were of gold body, decked with diamonds, rubies and sapphires, white pearls dangled from them.

"I brought them especially for you." Karn said.

He takes them and puts them into her ears. Although it was heavy, Anaahat loved to very much.

"Promise me you will not give these to anyone." Karn said.

"These are so beautiful, just like our love. How can I give these to anyone ? I will not. In fact I will wear these till my wedding and also after that. They are so beautiful that I can wear them all my life." Anaahat said.

"These earings really are embodiment of our love. I can see it. But will you really wear them for your entire life ?" Karn asked.

"I will." Anaahat said.

"Well then if that's the case, the day you remove these will be the day I come to know you don't love me anymore." Karn said.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
A/N

I'M GONNA BE HONEST WITH Y'ALL..... ME IS CRINGING..... ME IS CRINGING WRITING LOVEY-DOVEY SCENES FOR KARN 😑😑😑😑

Karn - Not very professional of you author.

Arjun - Not very professional of you to run away from battlefields also Atirathi or should I say Ardh-rathi ?

Karn - 😶😶😶😶

Arjun - You don't come at my author sutputra 😤😤😤