CHAPTER 58

"No ! Today you will not speak Kunti ! Today Anaahat has to answer !" Dhritrashtra said.

"It is true Maharaj. I was in love with Angraj Karn, before marriage." Anaahat said.

"Good thing that you accept. But then why did you marry Arjun and taint Kuruvansh !?" Dhritrashtra asked.

"Taint Kuruvansh ? How did I taint Kuruvansh ?" Anaahat asked frowning.

"By your deeds ! Meeting Karn in the forest ! Don't we know what all you both would've done !?" Dhritrashtra said.

Anaahat gasped as everyone looked between her and Dhritrashtra. Prabhavati smirked seeing the drama unfolding, Duryodhan along with Kauravas and Shakuni also seemed to be enjoying the show.

"Maharaj, nothing of that sort has ever happened between me and Karn. And whatever our relation was, it has ended on the day of my marriage." Anaahat said.

"You have hidden such a big secret and you think I will believe you now !?" Dhritrashtra said.

"If you don't believe me then ask Angraj. Tell him Karn that out relation never went so ahead." Anaahat said.

Karn looked at her sadly but then diverted his gaze causing her to look at disbelief.

"Karn ? Tell him the truth !" Anaahat said.

Karn still didn't say anything and looked at the other side, Anaahat could feel everyone's gaze full of suspicions on her.

"Karn your silence is raising a thousand questions on my character...." Anaahat said.

"Questions will always be raised on tainted character." Dhritrashtra said.

"My character is not tainted !" Anaahat exclaimed.

"You have loved Karn." Dhritrashtra said.

"Before marriage Maharaj !" Anaahat said.

"That is still a taint !" Dhritrashtra said.

"Maharaj, Anaahat is telling that whatever was between her and Angraj has ended. So why does it matter ?" Draupadi asked.

"Whatever it is, the reputation of Kurus will be tainted by her." Dhritrashtra said.

"So what do you want us to with her ? Push her in Agni-kund ? Poison her ? Or put her behind bars !?" Kunti asked.

"Don't defend her now, both of you. She has nothing that can prove her innocence." Dhritrashtra said.

"Karn, are you still not going to say anything ?" Anaahat asked.

Karn looked at her and then lowered his gaze. Anaahat looked at her with disbelief, he for some reason has chosen not to speak the truth.

She couldn't believe that this was the man she had once loved madly.  It now had become her biggest mistake.

Tears rolled down Anaahat's eyes, at this point she had nothing that can prove her chastity, no answers to the questions raised on her.

"What is happening here ?" A voice came.

Everyone's eyes turned to that direction and saw Arjun standing with sieves in his hand.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
A/N

It is a sad truth that a woman's past relations always haunt her by becoming the so called 'taints'.

Let's see what Arjun will do now.