CHAPTER 57

It is evening time and all the married women were waiting for the moon to rise and end their Nirjala vrat. After a long day of court Dhritrashtra was on his way to meet Gandhari.

On his way some murmurings caught his ears making him stop in his tracks. It was the voices of

"I cannot believe that Anaahat is doing Karwa-chauth for Arjun." Prabhavati said.

"Who else will she do the vrat for ? He is her husband." Bhanumati said innocently, not knowing she was being used as pawn.

"You don't know ?" Prabhavati asked.

"What ?" Bhanumati asked.

"Anaahat used to be in love with my Arya Karn." Prabhavati said. Dhritrashtra frowned listening to this.

"What ?" Bhanumati asked.

"Yes. Everyone is Shurpaarak hail their love, bards used to sing about them, they used to secretly meet in the forests. But her Swayamvar was won by Rajkumar Arjun." Prabhavati said.

"Well I suppose it's over then." Bhanumati said.

"Who knows whether she still has feeling for Aryaputra Karn or not ?" Prabhavati said.

Listening to this Dhritrashtra started fuming in anger. The Kul-vadhu of Kurus being in love with another ? That's the last straw !

He stomped up to Gandhari's room, where Kunti got her ready.

"Pranipat Jyesht." Kunti greeted.

"Arya you came ?" Gandhari smiled.

"Kunti, would you know where Anaahat is ?" Dhritrashtra asked gritting his teeth.

"She is on the royal terrace with the rest of the family. Jyesht is something wrong ?" Kunti asked frowning.

"Thank you." Dhritrashtra said ignoring her question and stomping out.

"Why was Arya so angry ?" Gandhari muttered.

"Come jiji. We must go to the terrace." Kunti said.

"Yes. Hurry." Gandhari said standing up.

Up in the terrace, Karn arrived along with Prabhavati. Almost everyone from the family was there. The eyes of Angraj was stuck at Anaahat who was making rangoli along with Draupadi and Vidur's wife Rashavi.

"Panchali, is everything done ?" Yudhishthir asked.

"Yes Arya." Draupadi smiled.

"But where is sieve (chhani) ?" Anaahat asked.

"I had prepared sieves for all, it will be in my room." Rashavi said.

"I'll bring it Kakishree." Arjun said and left.

Draupadi, Rashavi and Anaahat went back to making their rangoli and at that moment came Dhritrashtra fuming in anger.

"Anaahat !" He yelled angrily, startling everyone.

"What happened Maharaj ? Have I made a mistake ?" Anaahat asked standing up.

"Mistake ? No ! YOU HAVE SINNED !" Dhritrashtra said.

"What have I done ?" Anaahat asked.

"You were in love with Angraj Karn !?" Dhritrashtra asked.

Hearing this everyone's eyes turned to Anaahat with surprise as Kunti along with Gandhari came there.

"Jyesht, listen to me." Kunti said coming to Anaahat's aid.

"No ! Today you will not speak Kunti ! Today Anaahat has to answer !" Dhritrashtra said.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
A/N

Those who have seen Dhadkan movie understand what will happen 😌😌😌