CHAPTER 14

Arjun and Anaahat stood up as she accepts her inevitable fate. They both walked towards where their family was standing.

Firstly bowed and touched the feet of Yudhishthir. He smiled keeping his hand affectionately over their heads.

"Yashashvi-bhava, akand saubhagyavati bhava !" Yudhishthir smiled blessing them.

They then touched the feet of Bheem, he too blessed them whole-heartedly.

"May you both be blessed with prosperity and happiness." Bheem smiled.

Arjun and Anaahat then moved to Rudradaman and touched his feet.

"Kalyanamstu..." Rudradaman said in shivering voice.

"Pitashree....." Anaahat sobbed falling in his embrace.

"The banquet is ready. Please enjoy the food while I have a moment with my daughter." Rudradaman said.

"Of course Maharaj." Bheem said and took the rest of the Pandavas with him.

Although Arjun walked ahead his eyes were stuck on Anaahat who was crying and sobbing in her father's embrace. He lowered his gaze making his way to the banquet.

Anaahat wiped her tears and then looked at Karn, who standing outside the courtyard staring at her with tear-stained face.

She ran up to him, while Rudradaman and Prabhavati followed her.

"Karn !" She called.

"Why did you marry that Arjun ?" He asked.

"Why didn't you do my haran when you lost ?" She asked.

"Why did you garland him in the first place !?" He asked.

"Why did you leave when I was about garland him !?" She asked.

Karn fell silent, so did she. Tears rolled down both their cheeks. Anaahat sobbed, she about to fall on her knees but Rudradaman held her up by her arms.

"How could you let this happen ? Shame on your valor Angraj !" She cried.

"Shame on my valor !? Why did you marry him in the first place ?! Why didn't you protest !? Shame on your love Anaahat !" Karn said.

"Enough !" Rudradaman exclaimed.

Both Karn and Anaahat looked at him, the old king sighed.

"Angraj, you have loved my daughter very much. She too has. But now the situations are different. I suggest you both to move on in your lives." Rudradaman said.

He took Anaahat away while she gazed back looking at Karn who was already staring at her. Both of their eyes carried disappointment for each other.

Prabhavati looked at them both and a plan crossed her mind that will break Anaahat apart even more, something that will scar her soul forever.

"Angraj, what Anaahat did was wrong. How can she marry that Arjun, when you were right there ? Not right." Prabhavati instigated.

"I never expected this from her." Karn said.

"You need to make her understand how painful it feels when the loved one marries another by choice." Prabhavati said.

"How ?" Karn asked, wanting to make her feel the same pain he was going through.

At that Prabhavati smirked, his mind was hot like iron and she can mould it according to her will.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Karn - Anaahat will now understand how painful heartbreak is !

Me - She was your 'true love' bhavre.....

Karn - Bhavra's heart got broken, now bhavra will sting her !

Me - 😐😐😐

Karn - 😏😏😏

Me - Ae Arjun ! Woh keede maarne ki dawai kaha rakhi thi maine !?