CHAPTER 28

It's the next morning, Anaahat was in the temple of Mahadev which was built beside the mansion while Yudhishthir, Arjun and Sehdev practiced their weaponry in the courtyard of the temple.

As Anaahat finished offering milk to Mahadev, her attention was caught by Bheem who came stomping there with Nakul.

"Such a ridiculous bhavan this Purochan has made !" Bheem exclaimed.

"Why ? What happened ?" Yudhishthir asked.

"Jyesht, there is no kitchen in the entire mansion. Purochan has built it outside, in the backyard." Bheem said.

"And also there no way out of the mansion besides this entrance. So Bhrata Bheem will have to walk entire way to the front door and then to the backyard." Nakul said.

"This is mansion is an example of bad architecture." Anaahat said coming towards them.

"Why do you say that ? It beautiful. Isn't it ?" Yudhishthir asked.

"Jyesht, there are no windows or balconies and there is only one way out of the mansion." Anaahat said.

"I think that's why the kitchen is outside, because in the mansion there is nothing for ventilation." Sehdev offered a theory.

Suddenly they hear sound of a rath which came towards them with the flag of Hastinapur. The one mounted on the rath was Vidur's guard.

He got down from the rath with a sack in his hands as he kept it in front of Yudhishthir and knelt down in respect.

"Mahamantri has sent a sack of rice as a gift." He said.

"A sack of rice ?" Everyone got confused.

"Didn't he sent Jaggery ? I would've made a delicious kheer." Bheem said.

"Especially when the rice were soaked for a night." Anaahat said.

"Right, oh the tender rice." Bheem smiled.

Soon Bheem's eyes fell on something moving inside the bag. He opened the sack and a mouse came out of it. Anaahat's eyes widened seeing it while the Pandavas chuckled.

Suddenly the rodent jumped straight onto Nakul's hand while Anaahat got scared and held the arm of Arjun, whose his eyes widened with suprise as a smile also appeared on his face

"Looks like Bhrata Bheem's kheer became impure before it was made." Sehdev said.

"Nothing becomes impure because of the touch of an innocent creature, Sehdev. Only humans make things impure with their deeds." Nakul said.

"True words." Sehdev smiled.

"But why did Kakashree sent a mouse as a gift ?" Anaahat asked.

"Kakashree wouldn't have sent it, this little one might have stumbled upon the sack. You don't worry." Arjun said.

"Has Kakashree Vidur sent us a message ?" Yudhishthir asked.

"He had said that at times of forest fire only a mouse survives because he digs a hole." The guard said.

'Why is Kakashree diverting our attention towards forest fires ?' Yudhishthir wondered.

Arjun looked at Anaahat who was still holding his arm while looking at the rodent, in Nakul's hand.

"So peculiar to see the one who can pick up a Gandiv is afraid of mouse." Arjun whispered to Anaahat.

At she left his hand and looked at him with a deadpan expression while he chuckled.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
A/N

Oi mushak ji ! Aap kapde toh kutar dete ho toh kya earrings bhi kutar sakte ho ? Just keeping the options open.....

Even Mahamantri Vidur is being sus....

So here's the top 5 sussiest people of Mahabharat !

5) Karniya - You never know if his friendship with Duryodhan is true or on purpose.

4) Dury bhai - This dude can't be trusted at all.

3) Vidur - If he wanted he can kill Kauravas within snap of fingers with his big brain.

2) Shakuni - For obvious reasons.

1) KRISHNA - YEH KAB PURA GAME PALAT DE.... YEH KAB KYA KARDE KOI ANUMAN BHI NAHI LAGA SAKTA !

You're free to make honourable mentions 😂😂