CHAPTER 49

It's the next morning and the day of Swayamvar. Arjun and Bheem have come from temple with the mud for the Potter.

"Thank you for your assistance, I will now go to the swayamvar and sell these there." The Potter said putting the pots in his cart.

"Will you be able to take these all alone without a cattle ?" Yudhishthir asked.

"It is a hilly terrain to the royal stadium, but I will manage." The potter said.

"Allow us brothers to escort you there." Yudhishthir said.

"Fine." The potter agreed.

"The fate is taking you to the swayamvar....." Anaahat said to Arjun.

"Not to the swayamvar just to the royal stadium." Arjun said.

"Close enough." Anaahat chuckled.

But suddenly her smile vanished as she saw few raths coming to their way. Her breath hitched seeing the flag of Anga over it and the Karn mounted on it.

The eyes of Pandavas also fell on it and they saw behind Karn's rath were the chariots of Duryodhan, Dushashan and Shakuni.

Anaahat went inside the hut of the potter and the Pandavas turned their backs, facing the other side as the chariots went past them. Bheem clutched his fists sensing presence of Duryodhan.

"Should we leave ?" The Potter asked.

"Yes." Yudhishthir said.

The rest of the Pandavas looked at Yudhishthir, worrying they would be recognised but he gave them a nod of assurance.

The rest brothers nodded and started pulling the cart of the potter to the royal stadium. Inside the Hut, Anaahat was clenching her fists as she controlled her tears.

"Anaahat ? What happened ?" Kunti asked, looking at her from the kitchen.

"N-nothing Mata...." Anaahat said going towards her.

She sat down beside the stove and started chopping the vegetables, her hands shivered while doing so, seeing it Kunti held her hands.

"Anaahat putri, look at me." Kunti said.

"Yes Mata ?" Anaahat looked at her.

"What happened ? Why are you so restless ?" Kunti asked.

"N-Nothing, it's just I saw Rajkumar Duryodhan, Dushashan and Gandhar-raj." Anaahat said.

"That's not all, who else did you see ?" Kunti asked.

"Angraj." Anaahat said.

"Putri, tell me what is it with Angraj that always makes you so restless and grief-stricken ? I have seen it with my own eyes, don't you deny it." Kunti said.

At that Anaahat looked at Kunti and then lowered her gaze, tears brimming her eyes.

Kunti caressed her cheek and made Anaahat look at her again.

"Won't you tell your mother ?" Kunti asked, gently.

"I-I-I was in love with Angraj Karn, he too was..... We were the perfect couple, the bards of Shurpaarak didn't get tired of singing about our love..... Everything was going perfect, we had planned that he will win my swayamvar and I shall be his forever..... But....." Anaahat choked on her words.

"But ?" Kunti asked calmly.

"But at the day of Swayamvar he failed to pick up the bow and then Dwarikadheesh told Kumar Arjun to participate.... And he won..... All our dreams were shattered.... I blamed Karn for not doing my haran, he blamed me for garlanding Kumar Arjun.... Both of us were at fault.... But it was too late, the parting of my hair was already filled with Sindoor..... Burning in revenge Karn married the one I considered elder sister....." Anaahat said as tears fell from her eyes.

"Oh dear...." Kunti muttered hearing the deed of her first son.

"But your son, Kumar Arjun has helped me over come this grief by a lot. He has treated me so well knowing everything about my past. And hence I want him to marry another, so he can also experience love. He deserves so much better than the mess of me." Anaahat sobbed.

"Don't speak like that dear." Kunti said pulling her into an embrace.

Getting the warm hug of a mother, Anaahat melted as tears fell from her eyes while Kunti caressed her back.

"Everything will be fine dear, you will over come this grief." Kunti assured.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
A/N

Chalo Mata Kunti ko pata chal gaya and she accepts it.... Very progressive Sasu Maa is she is.... *nazar uttaring*