CHAPTER 48

It was night time, the entire city was asleep except for the Pandavas, Kunti and Anaahat. They were sitting at the backyard of the potter's house, warming themselves by the bonfire.

"I have heard that Panchal-naresh has organised a very tough competition for the participants. Only the best archer in the entire world can win." Sehdev said.

"The city is not safe for us. If Madra-raj Shalya has come then he will recognise his nephews Nakul and Sehdev, if Krishna and Balram have come then he will recognise all 5 of you. If Prabhavati is here with Karn, then Anaahat will be recognised." Kunti said.

"Angraj wouldn't have come with Prabhavati, he wouldn't marry another in front of her, if he wins the competition, whose chances are very low." Anaahat said.

"You seem to know a great deal about Angraj." Bheem said.

At that Arjun looked at Bheem and then at Anaahat, nervously. This tension was seen noticed by Kunti, who got confused.

"He used to come to Shurpaarak for pilgrimage every year." Anaahat said.

"I see." Bheem nodded as Arjun sighed in relief.

"So Bhabhishree are you sure Angraj won't win ? I mean he is a great archer." Nakul said.

"He is a good one, but not the best. I suppose this Swayamvar is being held specifically for someone else." Anaahat said.

"I agree with Anaahat. I think Panchal-naresh Drupad is holding this Swayamvar for Arjun." Yudhishthir said.

"The Arjun that defeated Maharaj Drupad was reduced to ashes in Varnavart, Jyesht." Arjun said.

"Why are you backing away from the challenge ? The swayamvar is being held specifically for you ? Why don't you prove your superiority once again ?" Anaahat asked.

"Superiority doesn't need to be proved, it always shows, like moon amongst the stars." Arjun said.

"Hypothetically speaking, what if someone else wins the swayamvar and prove themselves to be superior than you ?" Anaahat asked.

"I have no desire to be superior, I am happy to be just better than myself." Arjun said, Anaahat smiled.

"Anaahat, why are you so adamant for Arjun to win the Swayamvar ? Won't it bother you having a co-wife ?" Kunti asked.

"As best friend I would be happy." Anaahat said.

"And as a wife ?" Kunti asked, raising a brow.

Anaahat looked at her, but didn't know what to say because she had never thought herself as Arjun's wife.

"Mata, Anaahat is my best friend first and then my wife. And I think it's getting late, I think we should sleep." Arjun said.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
A/N

Mata Kunti now thinks Anaarjun are being sus. 😂😂😂😂