CHAPTER 16

As the first rays of sun fell on her eyes, Anaahat woke up from a dreamless slumber. She sat straight up and stretched her arms.

She slowly opened her eyes and found herself completely alone in the room and that's when her gaze fell on her bed decorated with flowers. Memories of yesterday came flooding her mind.

Anaahat touched the other side of the bed where Karn was supposed to be there but this empty spot now belonged to Arjun.

In a matter of few prahars her life completely turned upside down. Suddenly she was brought out of her thoughts by sound of archery.

She got up and went to her balcony and saw Arjun practicing archery with a blindfold in his eyes. Anaahat got confused as to why he is practicing so early in the morning.

He actually didn't get a chance to practice archery previous night and thus had woken up before sunrise so he can still take advantage of the dark for practice

"Rajkumari, we're here to get you ready for the day." The maids said coming to her room.

"Yeah sure." Anaahat muttered.

□□ TIME SKIP □□

Anaahat looked herself in the mirror, she was all dressed up with 16 sringar. Her hands decoration with Alta was decked with kangans and bangles.

A bajuband was tied around her upper arm. Her neck was adorned with necklaces and hair were tied and secured with head-pieces. Lastly an avagunthana adorned her head.

Her feet were decorated with Alta, decked with payals and toe-rings. This attire was completely different from her usual one, this was now the new look for her as now she is married.

But one thing was still the same, her earrings. She still was wearing the ones given by Karn. As she touched those tears brimmed her eyes filled with coal but she didn't let any drop.

She couldn't bring herself to remove them, for she knew what value those earrings held.

"Well then if that's the case, the day you remove these will be the day I come to know you don't love me anymore."

Suddenly Arjun entered the room, he stopped for a second seeing her reflection in the mirror. Among the maids she looked like the sun among the clouds.

Anaahat caught him staring at her thus turned her head to look at him. The maids also saw Arjun now, they chuckled among themselves and left without saying a word.

Now both her alone in the room, just him, her and awkward silence pervading between them.

"Um... The palkis are prepared to go whenever you are ready. We shall be going to Dwarika first for a night and then to Hastinapur." Arjun said and left.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Yeh alag level ka determination hai bande mei..... Hum uthte hai jab suraj sar par chadh aata hai (on holidays) aur yeh swayam Surya ko uthane ki duty kar raha hai 😑😑😑

And waise dasiyo ko alag maja aata hai couples ke bich 😂😂😂