CHAPTER 39

The Pandavas along with Kunti, Anaahat and Hidimba start their journey again. They were getting closer and closer to the village of Rakshasas.

Hidimba rubbed her palm nervously, how can she let Bheem and his family get devoured by Rakshasas, this will be the worst betrayal.

"Jyesht, I can see some mashals over there. I think that's a village." Bheem said.

"Indeed it is." Yudhishthir said.

"I suggest we all should go there." Bheem said.

"We cannot !" Hidimba said.

"Why ?" Bheem asked.

"T-that is the village of the Rakshasas, we shouldn't go there." She said.

"Why are you backing away now ?" Yudhishthir asked.

Everyone besides Arjun and Anaahat frowned at that question, as Hidimba nervously looked at Yudhishthir.

"You have brought us from all the way, 'Pallavi' or should I call you from some other name ?" Yudhishthir asked.

"What are you saying Jyesht ?" Bheem looked at him confused.

"That she is not any 'Pallavi', she is the sister of Rakshas-raj Hidimb, Hidimba." Yudhishthir said.

"What !?" Kunti exclaimed.

"It's true Mata. Hidimba's purpose to bring us here was so that his brother and other Rakshasas can devour us." Arjun said.

"Betrayer....." Bheem said, this word pierced Hidimba's heart.

"It is true. I am the sister of Rakshas-raj Hidimb, and I was tasked to lure you all to our village. That's why I am saying you all shouldn't go there. Come with me and I will take you out from the forest." Hidimba said.

"How do I know this isn't another lie ?" Bheem said.

"Trust me, I am telling the truth." Hidimba begged.

"Trust ? We did trust you ! And what happened now ? We had trusted you Hidimba, I had trusted you but you betrayed all us, you betrayed me." Bheem said.

Hidimba fell silent and lowered her gaze as tears rolled down his cheek, at the tone of betrayal reeking from his voice. Anaahat looked at her and then approched Bheem.

"Bhrata Bheem, Hidimba is asking for forgiveness. Give her another chance." Anaahat said.

"I cannot Anaahat, she has betrayed us, betrayed me." Bheem said folding his arms.

"Trust me, I know what betrayal from loved one is like. I have been betrayed by the people whom I loved the most in the worst way possible. But this is not betrayal Bhratashree." Anaahat said as Arjun looked sadly at her.

"What do you mean ? If this is not betrayal then what is it ?" Bheem asked.

"Love." Anaahat said.

Bheem looked at her with a confused frown. Anaahat knew that she would need to prove it to make him believe.

"Hidimba, I have heard that Rakshas-Raj Hidimb is very cruel. What will he do when he finds out that instead of bringing us here, you helped us escape ?" Anaahat asked.

"You don't have to worry about that Anaahat, whatever he shall do I will endure it. But I won't let any harm befall you all." Hidimba said.

Bheem looked at Hidimba, she was ready to endure any punishment just for their safety.

"I am sure Bheem you understood what Anaahat meant." Yudhishthir said with a smile.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
A/N

Hidimba be like - Pyaar kiya toh darna kya ? Jab pyaar kiya toh darna kya ?