CHAPTER 30

By the time the alms were distributed to the commoners it was already sunset. Anaahat was completely tired and exhausted.

As there was still time left before dinner, Arjun suggested her to take a nap. She agreed and went to sleep while the rest of the Pandavas along with Kunti were in hall.

Bheem and Nakul were picking up the fallen rice as the mouse sent by Vidur had actually pierced the sack. While doing that they found sagely clothing inside the bag.

"Why would kakashree send these clothes ?" Bheem asked.

Yudhishthir looked at that and got even more confused just like the rest but before they could think anything a foul smell pervaded their nose, it was as if something rotten was being burned.

"It smells like a dead animal is being burned in here." Bheem said.

"But why will it ?" Yudhishthir muttered.

"It's coming from entrance." Arjun said.

"Go and see." Kunti said.

"As you say Mata." Everyone nodded.

They all went outside the hall and to the entrance. The entire place was clean but still there was a strong smell of rotten flesh being burned was coming.

They started looking around the entrance and at the artefacts kept there for decoration. Soon Arjun's eyes fell on the diya for auspiciousness that was lit by Anaahat.

He was shocked to see that the entire pillar was melting and the bad smell was coming from here only.

"Jyesht ! Bhrata ! Everyone come here !" Arjun said.

They all came towards him and were also shocked seeing the melting pillar.

"How can a pillar melt ?" Bheem asked.

"If it's not made of stone." Sehdev said.

Yudhishthir touched the melted part of the pillar and smelled it. It was very pungent but he came to know instantly what it was.

"This is animal fat and lacquer. This is not a bhavan, this lakshagriha." Yudhishthir said.

"But why would someone make a bhavan out of Lacquer and other perishable objects ?" Nakul asked.

At that moment the words of Vidur started making sense to Yudhishthir.

"Yudhishthir, this is the season where the flowers of palash grow. When they bloom it seems as though the entire forest have caught on fire. Do keep an eye at those and have a safe journey."

"He had said that at times of forest fire only a mouse survives because he digs a hole."

"Because a plan has been made to kill us all. A plan to burn us all alive in this mansion." Yudhishthir said.

"I knew that Duryodhan can never change !" Bheem exclaimed.

"Now is not the time for this, we must inform Mata." Nakul said.

"Yes, let's hurry." Sehdev said.

The Pandavas ran back to the hall, closing the door so no one listens and informed Kunti about the conspiracy of Duryodhan.

She was heart broken by this, here she had thought that the rivalry had finally ended but in reality it was a facade.

"When we reach Hastinapur, I shall not spare Duryodhan." Bheem said.

"We shall not go to Hastinapur." Kunti said.

"But why Mata ?" Nakul asked.

"That place is not our home anymore !" Kunti said.

"Mata, jyesht is the Yuvraj of Hastinapur." Sehdev said.

"Had we gone to Hastinapur because we desired the throne ? Or did we go to Hastinapur because we wanted the love and respect of family ?" Kunti asked.

"But Mata what about Justice ?" Arjun asked.

"I want no justice, if Duryodhan wants the throne so bad he can have it. But I want my children of be out of harm's reach. We shall not go back to Hastinapur and its my order." Kunti said.

"Fine Mata. We shall not go back to Hastinapur. Let Duryodhan think he has succeeded, and enjoy the throne. We shall live the rest of our lives far away in a forest just like our childhood. It seems even Kakashree wants us to spend some time in hiding for he has sent sagely clothing. But right now we have to get out of here." Yudhishthir said.

"Let's go." Kunti said.

Bheem and Nakul grabbed the sagely clothing and they all walked up to the door but as Yudhishthir opened it they found that the entire place was in flames.

"Anaahat..." Arjun muttered running to the other side of the palace.

"Arjun !" They all went behind him.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
A/N

Very good Gandivdhari, abhi yaad aya patni ka 😑😑😑