1. The Transaction

Tony huffed in second place as he continued to climb the hill, briefcase in tow "She literally went out of her way to pick the witchy-est looking hill to plant a house." he said, of course in jeans and a t-shirt and not proper hiking wear. Steve, in first by several yards, shook his head as Bruce, unabashed in third-down the slope, just chuckled

"To be fair, the case file had everything in it, including a picture of the house, exactly where it was located-"

Bruce interjected "The phrase 'Has gone above and beyond to cut off all contact with the outside world.' if I remember correctly, it was hard to get over the whole nearly shot down the helicopter from 100 miles away,"

"-and it would be impossible to read as I was passed out in the lab so forgive me for being a tad overdressed." Tony finished, looking up at a house that sat comfortably on a slope beside the mountain trail.

It was a well-built home, on solid ground, they even had some outdoor furniture. Off to the side were some small crops, in the center was a fire pit and grill, while off to the right side was a hunting shack. Tony eyed the skins "She hunts up here" he said as Bruce stepped beside her "With her power, she'd have to." he said. Tony turned and stared with Steve as Bruce tried to catch up "You know... I can't say I blame her." Steve said as Tony nodded "Not a mountain cabin kind of guy" he said, Steve shrugged "I'd think you already own a few" he said simply. Tony gestured the area "Not like this, I'd prefer something less effort" he said, glancing out to a lake.

Bruce caught up and rested his hands on his hips "Ideal situation for a psychic like her though, no one around for miles except animals." he said, taking a swig of water. Steve nodded "By now, she's expecting us, so I say we just try to talk to her." he said before nudging his head and walking up to the admittedly lovely house. Tony nodded, following with a snide click of his tongue "It's more of a business transaction" he said, Steve arched a brow as Bruce knocked.

"More of a job interview... Why do you say business transaction?"

"Because I brought a briefcase full of money," 

"Wh-?"

"It's open!"

Steve shook his head, stowing the questions away for later. He opened the door to a moderately open room with a dining table in the middle of a kitchen that had four chairs, four plates with sandwiches, chips, and ice water.

At one of the chairs sat a beautiful redheaded woman, glowing green eyes, freckles on every surface of her the sun had touched, which seemed to dip just below the tank top she was wearing, poking just above the jeans on her hips, and the top of her bare feet. Steve Tony and Bruce stood staring for a moment, feeling as though they just walked outside on a sunny day, they smiled at her, not really knowing why. 

It was a tight comfort, not suffocating, almost loving.

Your POV

You sipped your water and smiled "Sit. Eat." you said, gesturing to the table as the guys somewhat froze before nodding and sitting down. "I didn't wake up until an hour ago, and I heard you guys coming... Otherwise, I'd have made soup, so I hope this is fine," you said as they sat, almost chugging their water out of thirst, they'd been hiking for a couple of hours now. You adjusted in your seat so you could join them, feasting on the lunch you made as you waited for the men to recover.