20. First Mission

A couple of days have passed, so far Loki had only been able to send images to your head that you'd learned to block out after your first month there and his mirages seemed to only come around when you were alone or to convince others he was there when you were in the room. You spent your time training and recovering from the event, you'd gone to see Nora too, she was awake but not cleared to leave. Thor was assigned to guard her, so she had... Chatty company at the very least.

You found yourself in the kitchen, trying to make some warm food to fight the bitter cold, all the Avengers were sent out to deal with other meteors that fell to earth and other various missions, so it was just the sick people here, and Thor. By right you were feeling tons better though, you even trained a little longer today, which is why you were trying to make food. You stirred the soup a little before looking out the window as snow ladened the ground outside, the peaceful atmosphere brought a warm smile to your face.

You walked over to the window staring out as you tightened the shawl that covered your shoulders as you enjoyed the sight, there being a slight serenity to it. You heard Loki's illusion step up behind you as you sighed "Please Loki, I know you're upset but no teasing today... Just look how beautiful it is" you said, gesturing outside a little.

His arms seemed to wrap themselves around your waist, phasing through it slightly "I suppose I could release you of this for now... I know how much you love your planet and its seasons." he murmured jokingly. You rested your hand above where his arm was, you knew it wasn't there, but you missed the feeling of Loki's arms around you, that warmth he gave you, even the small kisses on your neck, it was a source of comfort that would have paired nicely with the weather. You turned as the timer went off, going to walk around Loki "Your lunch is done" you said, walking over and pulling out the bread, placing it on the counter. He walked over and smiled, "Is this ginger soup?" he asked, pointing at it "No, this is my favorite, and I think you'll like it" you said.

He smirked a little as you poured the bowls "Does that mean you'll be hand delivering this meal?" he asked, stepping up behind you, ghosting a hand over your spine. You sighed a little "It can't be helped, unfortunately..." you trailed as you set up a tray for him "No funny business, I'm leaving it in the bin thing." you said. He laughed "That small opening is all I need." he said, referring to a food transfer slot in his wall specifically built for him when he got there.

He rolled his eyes then tilted his head "You're about to have company... I'll eagerly await your visit" he said, leaning into your face before disappearing. You exhaled a little and shook your head, but stopped hearing thunderous laughter and giggling coming from the hall and you turned to see Thor and Nora walking in. Nora was out of hospital gowns and now wore some black sweatpants and one of Thor's baggy T-shirts instead of that stuffy hospital gown.

You smiled "Nora, you're out of prison!" you said, extending your arms up in excitement, she not only returned the smile but a small flush spread across her cheeks "Uh Y-Yeah I was feeling better so Thor sprung me," she said as she walked in, admiring the common area. You noticed her clothes looked wet... specifically around the feet, so did Thor's 'Aw, he took her outside' you thought.

You nodded "Thats about right... C'mon, I just made food, real food." you said as Thor rounded the counter that Nora sat at "Are you making...?" he asked, you nodded. He laughed and pulled you into a spine-crushing hug "Lady (Y/N) makes the best food, you are in for a treat Nora!" he exclaimed happily as you smacked him with a spatula demanding that he put you down. Nora only laughed before he set you down "Just for that here-" you handed him a tray with the food, a drink, and a book you'd brought out for him "Take this to your brother, I don't need him trying to talk me into his room." you said.

He only laughed at the thought, being one of the most supportive people concerning your and Loki's relationship, he thought you were truly good for him and saw you as a little sister, and you, a brother. He nodded and took it "Yes yes, I'll be right back," he said before going to turn "Wait, Thor," you said, getting an idea, and handed him your shawl "Give him that too for me?" you asked, placing it gently on the tray. He chuckled a little "Post haste my lady" he said then bolted down the hall, trying to give it to him and get back before the food got cold. As he left you looked at Nora who seemed to be smiling and watching him as he ran like an excited child, you smirked and leaned forward on the counter, sliding over to where she was as she didn't seem to notice.