5. Protect

After a bit you stood and began heading down the wall, catching a glimpse of Tony poking his head in another room "Soon as you can get there Reindeer Games" he said before shutting the door and walking away. You arched a brow at him and shrugged it off, continuing down the hall. You stopped at the dent once more and turned down to the common area, it was about 11 now, so more people were walking around. You smiled and waved a bit as Wanda watched Peter and Nat play some co-op running game, and Nat was winning.

You chuckled and grabbed a soda out of the fridge before walking down the steps to the hall. As you made contact with the dent again you'd spotted Loki at the end of the hall, he stopped at the sight of you and smirked, making the images from earlier flashback into your mind. He wore clothes now, a green jacket with rolled sleeves, and some pajama pants, given the armor you first saw him in, it was a stark contrast. You looked down and headed towards him, mostly because you had to in order to get to the lab "Where are you headed, darling?" Loki asked as he walked in front of you, looking at you though "Stark's Lab, they're helping me today" you explained.

Loki clicked his tongue "Ah, is that why you're still here? You're becoming an Avenger?" he asked, you shook your head not meeting his eyes. "Nope, he's helping me figure out my powers," you said, quickening the pace a bit. Loki furrowed a brow and matched your pace easily "Darling, after yesterday I think we can both agree you needn't any help" he assured you easily. You shook your head "No, I still don't know how to control it... Yesterday, I knew I was going to overcompensate because I was upset, and I used that against you. I can't control it, I just used the fact that I couldn't control it against you." you explained, going to a light jog trying to get away from him.

He chuckled and turned, jogging beside you "You're really going to be interesting to have around here." he said, matching you once again.

You stopped to glare at him, as he shot you a grin. You inhaled deeply before you both started to just run down the hall to where Stark's lab was, following glimpses of signs as you and Loki essentially raced to the lab. As you screeched around the corner and started running into the lab they both screeched to a halt in front of the doorway panting like crazy, neither of them wanting to just run into a laboratory.

You bent over with your hands on your knees panting for a minute before standing up and walking through the door, with Loki shortly behind, smirking, barely out of breath. You cleared your throat and adjusted your sweater "Good to know I can keep up with a god in a sprint race" you murmured, earning a scoff "If that's the delusion you'd like to go with I'm perfectly fine." he said, eying your soda. You arched your brow as he crossed the room as Bruce turned around "Ah! Thank you two for showing up... Something happened?" he asked.

Loki chuckled "Just a friendly race," he said, sitting down on a stool as Stark walked out of another lab down to the testing floor "Okay, (Y/N), mind sitting right there while I get you wired up." he said, getting wires with round tape on the end. You winced a little seeing the wires "How very Ghostbusters" you said as Tony began taping the sensors. After a few minutes, he was done "Okay, so we're going to measure the output of your waves as your sensor is decreased, basically, we got to make it loud for a minute. I know you said what you did earlier, so the depth is up to you. Since you can't talk during that, you need to tell Loki if you've had enough in your head." he said then looked at Loki, pointing at him "And I'm dead serious, if she says anything, you say the word." Tony insisted.

Loki held up his hands, looking at you the entire time with a smile, you couldn't hear him because you'd left the wall up. So you smiled back at him, somewhat proudly knowing he was probably trying to talk to you, then looked at Tony and nodded "Yeah, that sounds amendable... Is it okay if I sit a certain way?" you asked. Tony nodded "Of course." he said, holding up the control panel as you got off the stool and knelt on the ground "You need to let me in," Loki said, crossing his legs.