14. No Complaints

You groaned as you laid on the floor Loki huffed and crouched by you "Well, you should have blocked that" he said, holding his hand out as you looked at him. The two of you had been training for hours and so far all you'd done is get your ass handed to you "Can't I just shoot you? I'm good with guns, why can't we do that for me.'' You said, taking his hand. He laughed and hoisted you up "You want a gun? Here." he said, spawning a gun in your hand that you nearly dropped "Jesus Loki!" you exclaimed, he rolled his eyes and waved his hand again changing it to a toy gun "There, better?" he asked.

"Sure, If I hit it's a hit though right?"

"If you hit," 

You stretched, holstering it, before raising your hands ready to fight again, the buzzer blared in the background and you charged at each other, kicking blocking, and punching at each other trying to knock them down, pin them, or push them out of the ring. After a moment of keeping each other on edge, you pulled out the gun, which he took the opportunity to disarm you and pin your hand behind your back with a groan. He pinned you to the floor with a pant and little ease "Too slow. If you're good with guns that's great, but you have a close quarters problem. I'm going to keep pinning you if you don't try to close the gap and overtake your opponent." he said.

You huffed and nodded "Okay, okay lesson learned... Now get off," you said, your hesitance made him grin "Why? Getting turned on?" he asked, you glared over your shoulder at him. He laughed and stood, wiping his forehead "Let's stop there for today... Try to work on teleporting less for lazy things like coming to my room" he teased. You stood with a scoff  "Oh so I should come to your room less often?" you asked, grabbing a towel and patting yourself off "That's not what I said at all" he said, drinking some water as you sat down

"I just feel like you're at a different level, it hardly feels-" he cut you off

"-Fair? You're right, it's not, and sometimes it's not going to be, so you need to adjust, it's just like in your precious Marines"

You held out your hands, shrugging your shoulders "As I said, I used guns in the marines! Big guns from a long-distance shot, this is... different, it's gonna take some time." you explained. The two of you walked out of the gym, trying to cool down "I understand that darling, I heard from your squadmates: 'Best sniper in the Ires' 'She could shoot an apple off the top of a moving helicopter' all very thralling" he said. You pointed in his direction "Not could, I HAVE done that" you corrected as he laughed "That's what you're taking from this?" he asked. You sighed and shook your hands "No no, I know... it's just frustrating fighting a god and being told to do better you know." you said, pocketing your hands.

He shrugged "Well, at least you know your finishing line... Me." he said with a cocky smile, to which you rolled your eyes. A dinging sound above your head caught both of your attention "Avengers Meeting in the Common room. Ten minutes" she said. You checked your watch and nodded "Great, I'm gonna go shower and meet you there" you said before leaning up and kissing Loki's cheek before teleporting to your bathroom. You bit your lip as you realized you just teleported unnecessarily as Loki had just asked you not to do.

You shrugged and showered up, not like he can 'Punish' you anymore... You inhaled sharply remembering the punishment you'd had just this morning, the feeling of the silk tie around your wrists still fresh in your mind. You exhaled "This is gonna be harder than I thought" you murmured, stripping down of your workout clothes and hopping in the shower for a quick wash. You tried not to let your hand wander too much during the shower, you didn't want to be late and Loki would know exactly why too.

You walked out to the common room with arms crossed, Bruce trailing behind you, seemingly in a meeting "Thank you for joining us Agent (L/N), Banner, I was just about to call you in." Fury said. You sniffed and walked over "Sorry, I wasn't feeling hot" you said before walking over and plopping yourself on the couch next to Bucky and Steve. As Fury pulled up a file you could feel eyes in the back of your head and you knew it was Loki boring his eyes into you, as though he could tell why you were late.