The First Encounter:

I laughed softly under my breath at the children teasing Sundrop. I mean, I guess this kind of would be considered his house? I stood up and slid my phone back in my pocket.

"Hey guys! How about we draw some pictures?" I approached the group of kids and they stared at me. They looked at each other and started to giggle. Suddenly Sun was behind them as well, giggling.

"Wh-what? Did I say something wrong?" I awkwardly shifted and rethought about what I said to make sure I don't have sleep brain.

"Who are you?" A little boy rubbed his nose and clung to Sun's leg.

"Yeah, who even are you? We have never seen you before." Another chimed.

"I'm (Y/N)..I work here with Sunny now." I leaned down to their level with my hands on my knees.

"Hmmm, so you are Sunny's sidekick?" The boy said and caused an eruption of giggles from the other children. I laughed as well and scoffed slightly, eyeing Sundrop who was avoiding my eyes.

"No, dummy! She's his girlllfriend! Don't you see the color he turns when he looks at her?!" They all turned to look at Sun and he was gone. I looked around as well and didn't see him. That was until the lights turned off. The children began to scatter and laid themselves down on the sleeping mats. They threw blankets over their heads as a soothing lullaby played from the surrounding speakers.

It must be naptime? I didn't know we did naptime..

I squinted my eyes, it was kinda hard to see. I felt my way around the darkness and headed in the direction of the front desk. Luckily it was illuminated due to the giant electronic sign with a picture of Sunny on it. I turned the flashlight on on my phone to see.

Oh, here it is. How did I not see this?

'12:30pm-1pm lights out'

I sighed and decided to sit down and text (F/N) back. I had already taken a nap earlier and now I have nothing to do.

(F/N): Literally stfu. You won't be making fun when I get that pay raise AND employee of the month ;)

Me: There's something deeply wrong with you. You should use that pay raise for some therapy.

(F/N): There is no cure for ones attraction to fine women

Me: I guess you're right. I think you'd be more annoying if u were straight.

(F/N): Me too...How is Sunman? Is he everything you envisioned? ;)

Me: He is really sweet I really like him. Though I think he is lowkey a witch or smth. He can teleport or some shit.

(F/N): I doubt it, u r just blind lmao. How abt moon?

Me: Moon? Oh shit I have to go

(F/N): Huh? Why what happened? U okay???

I quickly looked up. The giant poster behind the desk lit up parts of the children sleeping on the ground, no sign of moon. I laughed nervously.

"Helllooo..." A sudden deep voice called behind me. I turned my head slowly and was immediately welcomed with Moon's face towering above my own. It startled me that he didn't even bother to crouch like Sun did. Moon tilted his head, causing the bell on his hat to jingle. With a swift movement he took my phone from my hands.

"Moon, I-" I was quickly silenced by moon clasping his hand over my mouth. He dangled my phone in front of me and flashed a toothy grin.

"Picking favorites already are we?" He put my phone somewhere in his shirt and lifted me up from my chair. He pulled his hand from my mouth and used both hands to wrap around my waist...both hands were large enough to wrap..around my waist. He examined me thoroughly. My heart was racing with his close proximity and gentle contact. I gulped as he ran a claw down my throat and grazed my jawline. He seemed very pleased with my reaction.

"What? Sun gets to have you all to himself? That doesn't sound fair, does it (Y/N)?" He tsked and threw me over his shoulder. I was terrified. I didn't want to thrash around to avoid annoying him.

Where is he taking me?

I can't see much and I was starting to get dizzy from the long and quick steps they both took. Soon enough I was lifted into a space and a door was shut behind us. There was a dim light in the room allowing me to make out a few things. Moon placed me on an oversized beanbag and he sat in front of me. I stared at him and he did the same. I could hear a light whirring sound coming from inside his body somewhere. That was the only sound to accompany my shallow breathing.

"Uhh, Moondrop?" I cleared my throat and fidgeted with my shoelace.

"Yeeees?" He sat up straight.

"...Where are we?" I asked.

"Why, we are in the tower of course." He chuckled darkly, giving me chills. I nodded slowly and gulped. "So, who is your favorite?" He mused. I looked back over to him after examining the room a bit.

The tower? Like the tower Sun jumps out of when someone enters the daycare?

"I-I don't have a favorite I only just met you both..."

"DON'T LIE TO ME!" He stood up and threw some items off of a nearby table. I jumped and stood up as well.

"I'm not lying! I'm being serious..I like you both..so far. Moon, are you jealous of Sun?" I asked cautiously. Silence swept across us as he back up a bit.

"No..that..that's stupid. Why would you ever think that? Jealous of what? Getting to see you first?" He said coldly.

"No that's not what I meant-"

"Good! Because if anything, I'm glad he got to see you first to spare me the letdown of what a lousy partner we'd have!" He started towards the opening of the tower and I scoffed.

"Why do you have to be so fucking rude about it, lousy?! What makes me lousy exactly?" I shot back and glared. The whirring sound started again.

"Damn it, this isn't how this was supposed to go.." he whispered to himself. He looked up into his head and seemed to be having a quiet conversation with himself. "N-no I didn't mean to upset her I...yes..yes I see.."

"Hey, you never answered my question y'know!" I crossed my arms impatiently.

"Okay..yes I will try. Um," Moon turned towards me again and walked slowly. "Sun says, No sorry I mean..You look.. You look very nice. Beautiful, I mean. SHIT I messed it up already! Damnit why can't I speak?!" And with that, he recoiled towards the entrance once more before jumping off into the darkness. I stared in confusion as to what exactly just happened. I decided to think more about it later and relief washed over me as the lights in the daycare were restored. I walked over to the platform and nearly pissed myself with how high the drop was.

Holy shit..how..how am I going to get down from here?!

1219 Words