The Healing Process:

Earlier today I was met with a problem..that problem being a bunch of teens dismantling and doing god knows what to Sunny. I began to actually believe it was my fault.

If only I had stayed the night with him..

I kept saying to myself. Sun and Moon are almost completely dismantled. Mel was nice enough to give me our company mechanic's number and the manual on how to get him up and running again. Sunny was loaded up into my car along with a couple boxes of the stuff I need in order to fix him. Mel gave me permission to take Sun home to repair him. The whole car ride I kept glancing back at his limp, rolled-over figure in my backseat. He was in an awkward position considering he was like 7 fucking feet tall. The car ride went smooth..but figuring out how to get him out of the car and into my house was another thing. I pulled into my driveway and turned around to face him. He seemed to be completely powered off due to his lack of movement. I'm not going to lie, I struggled. I was pulling him through the doorway by under his arms and..I accidentally ripped more of his outfit off. I mentally facepalmed and did a frustration dance before gathering up all my strength to go at it again.

"That took way fucking longer than it should have. Not to fat shame you or anything Sunny, but you are extremely fucking heavy." I pulled my hair back out of my face and leaned him up against my bedroom wall. I brought in the boxes and placed them by my robotic friend. It was now 3pm and I was staring at Sunny, hands on my hips, and having a mental breakdown.

"Oh god what did I even agree to?!" I placed my face in my hands and groaned, sitting on the edge of my bed. I dragged my hands down my face in distress and glanced at Sunny. I turned on the light and even brought my lamp towards my work space to get a better look at him. My heart ached as I examined him. His clothes were torn, clearly stabbed and cut with some sort of blade. I traced my fingers over the holes and used my phone light to look further inside. Glitter glue was oozing from the lacerations and he was covered in splotches of blood. I knitted my brows at this.

Sunny doesn't bleed..They must have gotten cut or hurt from Sunny defending himself. Although he doesn't really seem like a fighter..

My eyes trailed back down to his hands. There was a feature I've never seen before. Sunny had claws? More like really long nails, but I never noticed. I lifted his hand and bit my cheek.

"Huh...Weird-"

Coincidentally, Sun and Moon's body had a little spasm while I was looking at his nails, causing his arm to jerk and cut open my arm.

"Ah FUCK!!" I recoiled away from him and out of reflex grabbed my arm. I sucked air through my teeth pressed my lips together tightly, muffling my groans of pain.

"Shit, you got me good.." I laughed awkwardly at the sight and kinda started to freak out. Blood quickly started to bubble up from my new wound and drip down my arm. I hurriedly got up and put my arm over my bathroom sink. I applied pressure and attempted to bandage and clean it correctly, but seeing as they had scratched my dominant arm, it was a little difficult. The bleeding eventually stopped and I groggily went back to look at Sunny.

I should probably get started

Mel was right, the manual really did help me and wasn't that complicated to understand. It basically said endoskeleton repairs were self explanatory, just screws and bolts. The wiring wasn't hard either because they were all color coded. Sun and Moon's Endo was very interesting. I even noticed the light sensor to control their switches was located on the back of their head. I had just about finished the endo repairs and wiring when I skimmed the manual for cosmetic repairs one more time. On the page, it had a full body diagram of Sun and moon. It took me back to anatomy class where each part of the body was labeled and...

"What the..." I got too curious. There was an arrow leading to where presumably their crotch would be. It was labeled as 'auto gender identification attachment.' I swear to god my eyes nearly fell out of their fucking sockets. I looked from the manual to Sunny then back at the manual.

"You have got to be shitting me." I refrained from letting my curiosity get the best of me and didn't bother turning to the page that explained those repairs. I didn't think I needed to, after all, his legs seemed pretty much fine. His feet only needed some touchups as to reattaching. And NO I didn't check to see what the fuck the booklet was talking about, I would feel guilty. Like taking advantage of him almost. I shook my head and continued to work. I removed their head completely and attached a completely new one from the boxes. I made sure to import his memory chip as well. Sun and Moon's endo was actually covered in some sort of cushiony fabric and his arms and hands were lacking some. I took the time to sew pieces of it back onto his frame. The color from the original fabric was the slightest bit darker than the one I attached, but I think it looks cool. It made me think of vitiligo. I smiled at my work, I'm a sucker for detailing. My final step was coming near after I finished everything else and was surprisingly almost finished. I got some scissors and cut off their shirt carefully. I stopped midway and stared at the alarming amount of glitter glue inside his abdomen. I quickly got a towel and placed it under us, continuing. The glue was disgusting. I don't know if this was supposed to be ironic, but it was red. Dark red glitter glue. My eye twitched every time the substance plopped onto the towel. I know it's not fucking blood, but it made my stomach churn for some reason. His shirt was completely off now, his bare (and sparkly due to glitter) chest now visible. I tilted my head at the sight and slowly reached out to trace his seemingly toned body. My fingers softly pressed against his chest, he was warm. I looked at my hand confused.

How could he be-

"Sunbeam?? Wh-what are you doing?"

1128 Words