Chapter 17

Timothee and me walked along the busy New York City streets. It was so warm outside that Timothee only had a t shirt on. Of course it hung perfectly on his body. People started noticing him, pointing, taking pictures and screaming.

I still wasn't use to this and I couldn't imagine how Timothee felt. He said he adores those who support him and he does, you can see that when he's with them. But I've noticed when he's with me he doesn't like people coming up to us. I don't know if that's because he knows I don't like it or because of the questions they ask about us.

"Timothee please can I get a picture?"

"Oh my god Timothee I love you"

"Can I get a picture?"

"Who's the girl with you. Are you together?"

"I've seen her with you a lot. Who is she?"

Since being with Timothee, as a friend, there's been multiple articles on me and who I am. They know nothing about me which I like because after all I'm just a normal girl, well they know I'm British but that's it.

Timothee took a few pictures but grabbed my hand and pulled me through the crowd of people. Somehow his bodyguard showed up and made everyone back up. We escaped into a cafe which thankfully only had a few people in.

"Sorry. I uh...figured that would happen so I got my bodyguard to follow behind us"

"You don't need to be sorry. It's not your fault"

"What do want I'll order?" He asked.

"Oh um an iced latte and a bagel any bagel you choose" I smiled.

He went up to order while I sat at a round table with little mosaic tiles. It reminded me of one of my favourite places I've traveled to.

"One iced latte and bagel" As though he was serving me.

"You better have chosen a good one"

I took a bite and it was delicious of course and then I took a gulp of my coffee.

"Good?" He asked.

"It's alright"

He looked at me thinking I was serious.

"I'm joking. It's amazing"

I loved iced coffees. Honestly I could drink an unhealthy amount of them. Back at home I only have them during summer because it's usually freezing most of the time.

Timothee drank his coffee which I assumed was either an Americano or cappuccino.

"So you excited to meet with record labels?"

"Yes but also nervous. I don't know if they'll like me" I twirled my straw mixing the ice cubes and the coffee.

"I know you don't believe me but they can't not like you" He reached out for my hand and rubbed his thumb along my skin. It soothed my nerves but also created another kind of nervousness that I could feel rising in my stomach.

"What time do need to be there?"

"In 20 mins"

I finished my coffee and bagel, then we headed out. The bodyguard was waiting outside the cafe and followed us behind, leaving enough distance that he wouldn't be able to hear our conversation.

We finally came to the studio. It was bigger than I expected. I stared up at the building.

"Look at me?" Timothee asked, but not like a demand. His words were always laced with care.

I gazed into his green eyes, that seemed even more green on this warm perfect day.

"You are talented and kind and passionate. You're mind is wonderful. You are Lucie" Those words seeped into every part of me. Like for the first time I actually believed them.

I took a deep breath, smiled at Timothee then headed up the brick stairs and through the doors.