Chapter 39

When I woke my arms were still wrapped around Timothee and then I remembered I had work. Rolling over and basically falling off the bed, I ran to the bathroom and swirled some mouthwash around my mouth. I shoved my hair up grabbed my bag and ran out the door.

"Who's t shirt is that?" Summer inquired.

"How'd you know it's not mine?"

"A hunch" She raised her eyes.

"My friends" I stated rather confidently.

"Is this the same friend all your songs are about?" She smiled.

"Maybe" rolling my eyes.

We sat and talked some more before working on some songs.

"Hey Lucie can you sing?" Tate asked.

"No" I said too quickly.

"Why do I have the feeling you can" he eyed me.

I shrugged going back to the song I was writing in my songbook and before I knew it the day was over.

"By guys" I said heading out the door.

"Wait...actually we heard it was your birthday tomorrow" they all smiled.

Summer held out a box that I was told couldn't be opened until tomorrow.

"You didn't need to get me anything" I said hugging them all.

"Make sure you celebrate extra hard" Tate shouted as I left the studio.

As I opened the door to my apartment Maddy was sat on the couch.

"I'm sorry I didn't know if you'd be in so I texted you and then I let myself in and I know you said I could but-"

"Hey Mads" I laughed "don't worry you can always come round whenever you know that" she was my best friend and even though we hadn't know each other for that long, I felt like she was family. I actually felt guilty because I'd not been spending as much time with her.

"Well I know it's your birthday tomorrow" a smile forming on her face like she knew I'd been hiding it.

"Who told you that?" I wondered.

"Just someone"

I went over and sat next to her.

"And I know you've probably got something planned for tomorrow so I thought I'd come and give you your present now" she could hardly contain her excitement.

She handed me an envelope that had my name written in glitter and there were stars and little diamonds scattered all over it. I just stared at it.

"You can open it"

I was careful not to rip the envelope because I wanted to keep it. Reaching inside and pulling out another two pieces of paper my eyes went wide.

"No way!" I said looking at Maddy.

"I can't believe I managed to get a hold of them" she said excitedly before pulling me into a hug.

I was looking at two tickets to Ariana Grandes concert.

"Oh my god" I squealed.

"And I got two so you can take whoever you want"

I pushed her shoulder lightly.

"You're kidding right. I'm taking you of course that's not even a question" I said to Maddy.

"I brought your favourite as well" she ran over to the kitchen and pulled out a bottle of Malibu from the fridge along with cola to mix.

"You're literally the sweetest person ever" I smiled getting us some glasses.

We spent the night drinking and talking and dancing. I'd text my mum and Timothee letting them know I was spending the evening with Maddy. The minute it turned midnight Maddy literally screamed "Happy birthday bitch" which I couldn't stop laughing at. She left around 1am and I collapsed on my bed still dressed.