Chapter 27

Next morning I had work, and I needed to ask if it was ok to take a few days off. Or even working from San Francisco.

"Hey Lucie" Tate looked up as I entered the studio.

"Hey. You binge anymore episodes?" I asked.

"The whole season. There was no way I could wait to find out what happened"

Last time we spoke he'd been telling me about his obsession with after life which was a British Netflix series.

"Hey Mia" I said putting my bag over my chair. "I actually wanted to ask if it's ok for me to go away for a few days, to California?"

"Yeah course. After your genius mind we're pretty much ahead of where we thought we'd be" She smiled.

"Thanks"

We worked on some more songs, them asking if I had any more I'd been working on and me handing them a few more from my book.

"Oh my god Lucie, I don't think you understand how insane your mind is for writing these songs" Summer said as she read a scribbled piece of paper written in both blue and black.

"I just write it's really not that great or profound. Like I don't even spend that much time thinking it just appears in my mind"

"Exactly why you're a great songwriter, the fact that it comes so naturally" Tate said.

"I'm wanting to know who all these songs are about. These new ones seem different" Summer eyed me.

"Oh uh...no one" I said completely unable to hide my blushing face.

"Well whoever it is I can tell you adore them" She said.

Once I was done for the day, I left the studio and saw Timothee waiting outside for me.

"Hey, how'd you know what time I'd finish?" I asked.

"Guess I just knew"

"Well I can come to San Francisco with you. If you still want me to?"

He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head. I wasn't use to this type of affection but I adored it. Only it did make me think. What were we because we were definitely more than friends but had never talked about anything more than that.

"Of course I do" he said and put his arm round my shoulder as I walked back to my apartment.

"When are we going?"

"Tomorrow. I'll pick you up at 9am" he said nearly at my apartment

I was at my apartment door when Maddy came out of hers. Her face dropped when she saw Timothee.

"You must be Maddy, nice to finally meet you" Putting his hand out in front of her.

She took it with her mouth still slightly open.

"I'm sorry I just...love everything you've been in and this feels surreal"

"Thank you and you don't need to apologise"

"Hey Mads want to come over for a bit" I said.

"Yeah I was actually about to knock"

"I'll see you tomorrow" Timothee said to me "and nice meeting you" he nodded towards Maddy.