Chapter 35

Three days passed and I'd only got out of bed to use the toilet. I'd watched two seasons of wizards of Waverley place which yes I still watched even though I was 20. It gave me a sense of comfort and distracted me from everything.

I'd told Mia that I was ill and would try to work on some songs, but she told me to rest and not worry.

I was on the episode where Harper and Alex's brains mashed together and Justin was trying to get rid of his girlfriend. It was actually making me laugh.

"What you laughing at" Timothee said as he came into the room.

I pointed towards the tv not saying anything. We hadn't really spoke much since I'd come back from the hospital.

"How was work?" I asked feeling slightly guilty about giving him nods and points instead of actually talking to him.

"Good. I've finished filming in San Fran now I just have a few more scenes in LA to film and then it's finished" He smiled.

"I can't wait to see it" I smiled back.

He came over and sat next to me on the bed.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked which caught me off guard.

"Why would I be mad at you?"

"Because you can barely look at me"

When he said that I felt pieces of my heart crack. I'd been completely shutting him out and I only now realised how fucking selfish and cruel that was. The truth was I didn't think Timothee liked me anymore.

"I didn't think you...liked me anymore" I said it quietly but it seemed to travel through every part of the room.

Green. Beautiful green eyes. It made me realise how little I'd looked at him. God I was so stupid. We were at such a good point before that fucking night and now I'd ruined it.

"You're serious?" He looked at me in shock.

I scanned his face waiting not knowing what how was about to say.

"I could never not like you" He laughed a little which made me smile because I hadn't heard him laugh for days.

"I find that hard to believe" I muttered.

"You always do this" He said.

"Do what"

"You think everyone will eventually leave you or get over you and instead of talking about it you push them away because you think it will hurt less" I shook my head knowing damn well he was right.

"You also find it hard to believe that anyone could actually want to be with you and because of that you start changing yourself hoping they'll like you more" It was like he was inside my mind.

"That's why you went to the party right, because you were probably told once that you were boring and never lived in the moment" No but seriously how did he know all this.

"Yeah I guess" Remembering how many times I'd been told that as a teenager.

He thought for a second then said "come on I want to show you something"

He left and I sat on the bed for a minute taking in everything he just said before dragging myself out the room.

I wasn't really dressed for going out but I followed him out to the car. He put Lana del ray on while we drove to wherever we were going which took by surprise because I didn't know he listened to her.

We got to the place where he filmed the car scene a few days ago. He parked the car, got out and walked to an open bit of grass. I sat in the car just watching Timothee before getting out and going over to him. The top of the Brooklyn bridge was so close.

Timothee laid down on the grass. It was a warm day with a few clouds. The long grass swayed in the breeze making a rustling sound. I laid next to him.

Closing my eyes and breathing in the fresh air, the pain I'd felt all over my body for days now had finally gone

Closing my eyes and breathing in the fresh air, the pain I'd felt all over my body for days now had finally gone. Almost like it had been released into the ground beneath me.

"You know I love you" Timothee's words mixed with the sound of the swishing grass felt...inexplainable.

"What" there's no way I heard him right. The drugs must've done something to me because there's no way. I turned my head facing his and he did the same. It felt like that scene from twilight where they're both sat in the meadow of flowers.

"I love you" He smiled.

"You do, like you're not just saying it because you feel sorry for me?"

"I've loved you for a long time now"

I didn't know how to respond, no one had ever told me they loved me before, in a romantic way. Hearing it from your mum isn't the same.

Before I had time to think anymore, Timothee reached over running his hands through my hair. He then lent in and kissed me. I'd missed him. I'd missed us. I missed myself.