Chapter Twenty Eight: Air Vs. Shadows

Kaez gripped Jimmee's hand as tight as she could without breaking it with her nearly inhuman strength. Jimmee didn't seem to mind, distracted by what they were about to do.

After hearing the legend, the group had split, leaving Kaez and Jimmee to face Magnamon X. Ebidramon seemed convinced that this would work, but neither one mentioned seemed all that excited, nor were they convinced.

"Magnamon X had better take this stupid bait," Kaez muttered, eying the horizon. 

"I agree. One less Shadow Reinger seems more and more satisfactory every second," Garurumon agreed.

"We're just standing here. Don't you think he'd want to have a little more fun than just showing up where we're waiting?" Jimmee asked, looking at Arresterdramon.

"Who's to know? But maybe we should stop talking about being bait so he won't hear us when he does show up!" Arresterdramon exclaimed.

Kaez sighed, shaking her head. "I guess you make a good point."

A sudden whirlwind of air whipped through the area. Dust reached our heroes' eyes, and Kaez coughed at the sudden gale. Jimmee closed his eyes, only opening them when the wind had stopped whirling.

"Magnamon X finally decided to show," Jimmee observed as Kaez regained her composure.

"Then why don't we drive him into the ground?" Arresterdramon asked.

Kaez smirked. "I think that would be fitting."

"Plasma Shoot!" Magnamon yelled, sending a ball of swirling, crackling energy at the duo and their partners. 

"Howling Blaster!" Garurumon countered.

"Spin Caliper!" Arresterdramon turned and his tail drove into the blast, blowing it to pieces as Garurumon's blue fire smashed into Magnamon X.

"This will be harder than expected," Magnamon X muttered angrily, huffing as if in a fit.

"Of course it will be. Digimon like you don't just get off the hook easily," Kaez growled, sliding through the grass.

"Howling Blaster!" Garurumon repeated, lunging for Magnamon X. The blue flames did next to nothing, but Garurumon's claws scratched Magnamon's armor deeply.

Magnamon X grunted at the contact, flying backwards. His spiky armor may or may not have cut a little bit of grass.

JImmee stood over Magnamon X. He doubted the Digimon was done for. 

And standing so close to an alive Shadow Reigner was a bad idea.

Magnamon X's eyes flew open. "Extreme Jihad!"

The golden attack flew through the air, but it stopped inches from Jimmee's face. Another golden wave smacked the attack back at Magnamon X.

Jimmee looked around. Where had the secopnd wave come from? 

"Fighting Dark Miracles with Golden Miracles? Ugh, kids can be so annoying," Magnamon X growled. He rolled his eyes and prepared another attack, but he paused.

The entire area seemed frozen. Nothing moved but Jimmee. He walked away from Magnamon X to avoid the inevitable attack. 

"Keeper of Miracles, you wish to save me, correct? Then unleash the Golden Radiance within you and combat this dark creature. Use the Miracles you have been given as an Inheritance."

Jimmee looked around. No one else was moving. As a matter of fact, no one was there except Kaez, Garurumon, Arresterdramon, and Magnamon X. The voice had sounded female, so had Kaez started speaking from her frozen state.

"Wild, but fine," Jimmee replied.

His crest began glowing, levitating off of his chest. JImmee gasped as the symbol of Miracles became larger, glowing. Within a few seconds, the area was enveloped in light. 

"ARRESTERDRAMON, DIGIVOLVE TO...SUPERIORARRESTERDRAMON!" (A/N: yes, I altered the name a little bit for the sake of easier typing)

Jimmee realized he had been closing his eyes. When he opened them, everything was clear of the light. Things were moving again.

It took Jimmee a second to register that Arresterdramon had digivolved. When Jimmee turned, he gasped and grinned. Impressive.

"Superior Combat!" (A/N SuperiorArresterdramon apparently has no attacks, so I make them up. Sue me. Not literally)

SuperiorArresterdramon punched Magnamon X square in the face. The armored Digimon grunted as another punch hit him square in the stomach. With the wind knocked out of him, Magnamon X flew through the air limply.

"Go, Jims!" Kaez shouted with a grin from nearby.

JImmee looked over his shoulder to see the girl jumping for joy. He felt himself reddening with a grin at her satisfaction.

This didn't last long. Magnamon X was about to punch SuperiorArresterdramon, but the Digimon was tossed a feet yards away. 

"'Telekinetic...'" Jimmee remembered Ebidramon's words from eariler that day. Was that his crest power? It seemed likely enough.

Magnamon X got to his feet shakily. A sudden whirlwind of air smashed him back into the ground.

"Eat dirt!" Kaez yelled from nearby.

"'Companion of the wind,'" JImmee whispered. Kaez had just used that wind thing to smash that guy into the grass he had cut earlier.

JImmee's mind started racing. The legend mentioned both of them having a relation to wind. Then, he understood.

"Of course!" Jimmee whispered in sudden understanding.

He and Kaez were brought together in the Dark Ocean because they could teach each other something. This hypothesis by Raegan and Kyle seemed true enough. And what made them similar? They were bound by the wind: Jimmee could move it, and Kaez was the wind. Jimmee had taught Kaez happiness, and vice versa as well.

When Jimmee had awoken from his trance, he saw data spiraling upwards. Arms wrapped around Jimmee's chest.

"You did it," came Kaez's hushed voice in his ear. He could feel her body heat on his back. Something about him didn't want her to let go.

"I guess so," Jimmee whispered as DemiVeemon waddle up. 

"I helped too!" DemiVeemon yelled.

Gabumon laughed. "Don't forget about me!"

The ground was silenced by a sudden voice. "You two..brats! I promise that there will be one last Dark Miracle, one that will rip that confidence of yours to shreds!"

Magnamon X's data was gone when the threat finished.

A scream cut through the air, making Kaez let go of Jimmee. "That sounded like Charlie!"

Jimmee scooped up DemiVeemon and ran towards the beach where the rest of the group waited with Ebidramon. 

When the quartet arrived two minutes later, they halted, seeing Ceya and Maia shivering on the ground. Their eyes seeemed empty and emotionless. 

But worst of all, their crests were turning black.

-----------------

A/N

Do you hate my cliffhangers yet?

No?

Okay then. I'll make it worse next time.

The next chapter will be pretty epic, so stay tuned on Digimon Secret Police!

-digital