Chapter Ten: Truth of Shadows

A/N

FYI There won't be a recap every chapter, only on the ones that the next quote follows the ending dialogue.

---------------

Previously on Digimon Adventure: Secret Police...

Ceya felt a familiar feeling overwhelm her. A feeling of knowing.

"I think I just figured out which of us MailBirdramon wants," she whispered.

Ceya whirled to face MailBirdramon. "Ayame is your target, isn't she...Shadow Reigner?"

--------------

Ayame backed up. "I'm your...what?"

MailBirdramon shook his head. "Do I need to spell it out for you?"

"Impmon's rubbed off," Ceya muttered emotionlessly. No one found her snarky remark funny

"The Shadow Reigners know there is only one who can stop each of us, and them alone. You're mine, iris girl. So I should destroy you before the chance comes," MailBirdramon explained.

Ayame ran around the tree she was against. Falcomon followed her.

"We're in no position to fight now! We only have three champions with us, and two are MIA," Ceya observed nervously.

"I'm calling the others," Maia announced. She pulled out her Digivice and began speaking in a hushed tone towards the speaker.

"Ah, the courageous one," MailBirdramon sighed. "You have yet to discover what you can do...your opposite too."

Ceya threw her hands over her ears. "Ignore it," she whispered. "Maia, please ignore it."

Maia put her Digivice away. She looked at Ceya, who was trembling slightly.

Maia ran to her friend and put her arms around her. "It's fine. MailBirdramon is just trying to get to you."

"I know, but it's true. What knocked you all out...it's all my fault," Ceya replied, tears falling froom her face.

"Calm down," Maia told her soothingly.

Kyle prepared his Digivice. "Impmon, it's up to us."

"All because of a few crybabies," Impmon muttered.

"Shut it, imp face!" Maia snapped.

Kyle ignored their bickering. This was clearly MailBirdramon's plan. He'd weaken the rest of the forces and strike at his true target: Ayame.

"Quit fighting! Impmon, hit his armor!" Kyle commanded.

"He's sounding less like a kid and more like a general every second," Raegan whispered.

Impmon nodded slightly, shadows falling over his face as he conducted the deed. Kyle seemed satisfied, as he smirked some what playfully.

Impmon landed in a squat as he slid across the ground backwards. MailBirdramon looked down upon him in pride.

"Weakling of Knowledge. You stand no chance against the Shadow Reigner of Love!" MailBirdramon announced.

-----

Ayame didn't stop running until her breath was shallow and her whole body ached from the stress and amount of sprinting time. Falcomon wrapped his wings around her.

"You'll be okay," he whispered in her ear.

"It's just not all that comforting to hear that an enormous metal bird is chasing you for some unknown reason," Ayame replied.