The night of the gift ceremony

(Yes this time skip is another big one but it's because this story (for real this time) is coming to an end)

You watched as Julieta came into the room holding Mirabel clinging onto her hand and you smiled. "Morning." You said. Julieta smiled back at you, "Good morning Y/n." She said.

Mirabel let go of Julieta and skipped up to you. "Good morning!" She said. "Morning Mirabel, are you excited about tonight?" You asked, ruffling her hair a bit. "I'm finally going to get a gift!" Mirabel said with a happy laugh.

Suddenly Camilo came running into the room holding a book and Dolores came running after him with furious screams. "GIVE IT BACK CAMILO!" She yelled as the boy ran around the dining table with evil laughter.

As he ran past you, you reached over and scooped him off his feet with an equally evil laugh. "NOOOO!" Camilo shrieked through laughs. Dolores came up and snatched back her book. "Gracias!" Dolores said.

The girl was 13 and spent most of her time up in her room reading books. She said that it was a good way to pass time without an excessive amount of noise involved. "Hey have you seen Valentina?" You asked, putting Camilo back onto the ground as he shifted into Luisa in an attempt to break free.

Isabela suddenly came into the room, her vines carrying her inside effortlessly. "I know where she is!" She said with a perfect smile. "Ah, gracias Isabela." You said with a grateful smile.

"I saw her down at the market with her boyfriend!" She said and you sighed. Valentina was nearly 16 and she spent most of her time with Aiden, her boyfriend of two years.

"Okay thank you dear." You said, watching Dolores leave the room with her book. Camilo ran through the kitchen door and ran back out with an empanada. Julieta didn't try to stop him as he made a break for the door with the food.

"Well I'll leave her be, I know how she gets when o try to interfere with her and Aiden when they're out together." You said, dragging a hand down your face.

At that moment Bruno and Felix came into the room, chatting about arrangements for tonight's gift ceremony. "Oh good morning, mi amor." You said as Bruno came to sit beside you. You place a kiss in his cheek and that satisfying hint of red appeared on his cheeks.

"I can't believe you still get flustered by that." You said with a laugh. "Hey you can't really blame me." He muttered, going a shade darker. "Pepa is getting stressed out about the decorations again." Felix said to you all.

"She does every year, it's nothing." Julieta said with an amused sigh. "Remember Valentina's gift ceremony?" Bruno asked and Julieta sighed again.

"You mean the first gift ceremony ever after ours?" Julieta said sarcastically. "Oh yeah she definitely didn't summon a hurricane when she lost her 'lucky earrings'." Julieta said and you all laughed.

"Oh by the way how's she going with her gift now days?" Felix asked. "Oh she's doing a lot better." You said with a smile.

At her gift ceremony Valentina had received the gift to make dreams come true. But of course she had to be careful with her own too because nightmares weren't out of the picture with her gift.

When she was 12 Valentina forgot to take her medication before bed that stops her from dreaming and ended up having a nightmare. It was a nightmare you couldn't wake up from no matter what you tried until the nightmare let you wake up.

When Valentina had that nightmare she unleashed a phantom into our world. Phantoms are what we call them because they're like part of another world even though we can feel and see them. They come from the darkest parts of your minds and aren't controllable. When she released one the only way to get rid of it was by killing it.