Back in the past

(Please leave a vote thank you all so much 🧡)

You breathed in a ragged breath as a cold feeling flooded down your throat. An arepa was stuffed into your mouth and you took a bite, barely noticing as a piece of metal was pulled from your chest.

You finished off the arepa and looked up at Bruno. He wiped away tears that were streaking down his face and you pressed your lips to his. You looked away from his face and saw a man who looked exactly like Bruno but older next to you. Another old man grabbed Bruno's hand. This man looked uncannily like Mateo. Behind him was two unfamiliar children but before you could say anything there was a blinding blue flash.

You shielded your eyes and when you looked back the four strange people were gone. You looked up at Bruno who looked just as equally shocked. You sat up in his arms and Julieta gripped your hand tightly.

"What just happened? I asked in a rasp. Bruno looked at you, his mouth hanging open. "I... have no idea but a weird little boy brought you back to life or something." Bruno said. You raised your eyebrows incredulously. "Then there was an old me and I think those two children had gifts." Bruno added.

I couldn't help but laugh at how absurd this all was. Bruno helped you to your feet and you grimaced at the sight of your destroyed house. "We can stay in Casita until it's fixed." Bruno said. You nodded in agreement.

"Hey Bruno I just realised something." I said quietly. Bruno frowned and locked eyes with you. "In your vision Mariana wasn't a corpse." You said. Bruno shrugged. "I'm sure it's nothing." He said and you looked to the rubble uncertainly.

Well hopefully it was nothing.

~ Three years later ~
(Age 22)

You climbed out of bed and sighed. Even three years later living in the same place a girl had been murdered was unsettling to you. Especially since you were the one who got her crushed.

You changed clothes and left the room, so Bruno could sleep. You headed downstairs to see Valentina sitting in the kitchen. You smiled. "Buenos días!" You said and she smiled back at you. "Hey I felt another kick this morning." Valentina said, placing a hand on her stomach.

Valentina was 19 and was accidentally impregnated and wasn't ready to raise a child so you and Bruno had volunteered to take Valentina's baby as your own.

Valentina was allowed to visit the child anytime and we had agreed on names for if it was a boy or a girl. If the baby was a girl we would call her Valentina after her birth mother. If the baby was a boy we'd call him Austin because we'd collectively agreed it was just a nice name.

"That's wonderful." You said and Valentina beamed. She was a week away from her due date so I was half surprised she still got excited about every kick she felt.

"Thank you again for all your help." She said with a grateful smile. "It's not a problem at all." You replied. "It's our pleasure to raise your baby, and we totally understand why you aren't ready."

"I know right! I really wanted to travel but I can't do it with a baby, I feel like I'm not ready to give up my freedom yet." Valentina said and you nodded. Bruno came into the kitchen with a yawn and you handed him an empanada. He took it and kissed you on the cheek.

"We have to meet up with Julieta and Agustin later today to discuss their wedding tomorrow." You reminded Bruno who groaned. "I forgot." He admitted. You laughed, having expected him to forget.