Mariana

(Short Mariana perspective one shot!)

I was used to being alone but I really didn't get why I was. I was just hungry. I know to get food I needed the shiny things people give to the people with food. I saw two people walking down the street both carrying clothes.

I noticed a shiny thing at the edge of one of their pockets and ran forward. I reached my hand in, already terrified of the person hurting me. I pulled it a handful of shiny things and ran off. The person yelled behind me and I tried to run faster.

I ran around a corner straight into another person, I fell back, still holding my shiny things. I tried not fo cry as the person I stole from grabbed my wrist and lifted me up by it. They took their shiny things back and started to yelled at me and wanted to cry.

Suddenly they let me go and the person I ran into caught me before I fell onto the ground. I clung the their arm for a moment before struggling to get away. The other person suddenly spoke and I turned to face them still feeling scared.

"Just stay away from me." They said. I nodded and dashed away around another corner. I ran for ages before I climbed into a small crack between two houses that bigger people can't fit through. I climbed through into a more open area and crawled into my box I slept in.

I picked up my bunny who was pink and broken. I poked a bit of its fluff back into its body with a frown.

I went around stealing shiny things before one day lots of people were all sitting in the same spot. I watched in curiosity but ducked out of sight as I saw the scary person I was yelled at by before started walking up to the boss lady of the town.

I ran around the corner and opened a gate to hide. I turned around and screamed as a big dog started to run at me. I tripped as I ran out the gate again and broke into tears trying to whack the big dog off me.

Suddenly the scary person ran into the dog. I sat crying at how much I was sore and watched as the scary person kicked the dog away. Suddenly lots of people were around me and someone picked me up.

I trembled in their arms as they carried me. I noticed the man from the other day who had made me get caught by the scary person. The man who was holding me gave me to him and I shrunk down in fear.

He carried me to all the seats and put me down. I grabbed onto the seat and an lady came up to me with a piece of cake. I took it and poked at it before taking a bite. I felt wayyy better and started to eat it a lot faster.

Then the scary person came to talk to me for a while before leaving again. They came back and they told me I was going to have a home.

The next day the scary person and their funny husband took me with them to a new home after we watched some people ride away on horses. I also got to touch a door and make it glow which was very pretty.

That night I woke up and saw lots of people in my bedroom. When I woke up the next morning I got to go and get new clothes. Suddenly a weird squirming feeling came from my stomach and I made a funny noise.

I held out my hand and spat out a bug. I screamed and clung to the person as they brought me back to home. When we were inside I felt a terrible feeling in my body as though something was scratching me inside my skin.

And suddenly I wasn't knowing what I was doing. I was hurting the scary person and I heard them screaming. I didn't want them to scream! I wanted them to stop!

The scary person pulled me outside, still shouting and I didn't know what I did as I put a sharp thing into the scary person. I felt myself flying backwards before darkness and pain took over.

(So yes Mariana was never actually evil)