✦ | Roadtrip To Love

mitsuri x male!readerrequested : Anime_crazyfan1023lowercase intended!modern au!

requested : Anime_crazyfan1023
lowercase intended!
modern au!

YOU HAD A BEST FRIEND, more like a crush on none other than the school's beauty, kanroji mitsuri. you guys were childhood friends that were simply inseparable, and yet somehow, you both decided to go on separate ways, ever since mitsuri got busy with student council stuff and you got busy with helping out your parents in the bakery, the friendship between the both of you had turned extremely cold and it pained your heart the most, since at this rate, you know for a fact that mitsuri doesn't like you anymore, as a friend, that is. 

you sulked in your bed as you dug your face deeply inside the pillow, clouds of sad thoughts hovered over your brain as you kept on think ing whether mitsuri still considered you as a friend or not. your phone made a sound as you moved your head to the side to look at your phone that was already in your hand. it was a message! and not just any message! it was from mitsuri. 

you quickly unlocked your phone and saw the message. 

'hey y/n-kun! >w< 
i apologize for always being so busy! i wanted to ask you, are you going to be free this summer? i want to take you on a road trip! we'll go to the other side of the country and have the best trip ever! i thought it'd be a great way to reconnect yet again! what do you think? text me when you can!~' 

your eyes lit up like a child receiving candy from their loved one, you quickly wrote a short message. 'that'd be lovely!' you typed and sent it to mitsuri, you sighed in happiness as you flopped your body on your back and you looked up at the ceiling of your room. 'guess she didn't dislike me after all,' you thought to yourself. 

the school days pass by within a blink of an eye and it's already summer, you awaited mitsuri in your car, in front of her house as you tapped your fingers nervously against the wheel. "do i look good enough?" you muttered to yourself as you noticed a strand of hair sticking out, you quickly waved it down, making sure you look neat, and by then, the door opened as you jolt in surprise. 

"y/n-kun!" mitsuri exclaimed with tears in her eyes as sparkles erupted around. "ah! we finally have time to hangout! i'm so sorry for being so busy!" she fret in an adorable manner. you chuckled. "don't worry about it, come inside," you beckoned for her to come. she nodded as she quickly stepped inside the car. "i've already placed my luggage in the back of the car, so don't worry," mitsuri smiled. "ah! alright!" you nodded approvingly before mitsuri shut the door tightly and you drove away.