nineteen

-

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

Fez had left the next afternoon, the two having slept in, to go and see Ash. She'd walked him down the stairs, leaving him at the front door. Fez had waved and somewhat shouted a goodbye before he drove off.

Ewan was supposed to arrive back at home tonight, and Lexi had finally found the guts to ask him to hang out- at his house. She'd told Annabelle, who smiled, happy for the two. Their dad was dropping him off at supposedly 6pm, but it was always later.

So, to be safe, he'd invited Lexi around at seven thirty, but she was there for five, wanting to spend time with Annabelle first.

And it was six thirty, later than he was meant to be already home.

"Isn't he meant to be home at six?" Lexi asked Annabelle. She nodded, flicking the page of the book she was reading. "It's six thirty."

"I know," Annabelle hummed. She glanced up at Lexi. "He's always late, that's why he told you seven thirty."

"I see," Lexi mumbled. "I'm scared."

"Why?"

"We've never hung out at either of our houses before," She shrugged. "I don't know, it's scary."

"It's Ewan," Annabelle told her. She closed her book, marking off the page that she was on. "You've known him like what? Three, nearly four years? You'll be fine."

"Well yes, but that was just the occasional 'hi' or saying 'thanks' when he'd take me home."

"You're overthinking it Lex," Annabelle laughed. "It's just the same, except your in his bedroom."

"Exactly," Lexi huffed. She fell backwards onto Annabelle's bed, grabbing a cushion to cover her face. "It's like, I dunno, means more."

"Maybe," Annabelle hummed. She'd laid down next to Lexi. "But at least it's just you two, nobody else."

"I guess," Lexi started. Stopping when she heard someone coming up the stairs. The steps went past Annabelle's room, instead heading for the shower.

"He's home," Annabelle said. Lexi huffed, "and it's seven so like, prepare yourself."

"See, you're making it seem scary," Lexi almost shouted, Annabelle laughing and throwing a pillow towards her. "Are you seeing Fez tonight?"

"No," She told her. "He stayed over last night; he's staying in with Ash tonight. He offered but I said Ash must be missing him, it feels like he barely gets to spend time with him anymore."