forty nine

-

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

Christmas is Annabelle's favourite time of year- ever since she was 6 and actually understood it.

But right now, to put it lightly, she was fucking dreading Christmas.

Fez had called her the week after the party, complaining about the amount of times she was calling and well, about Enzo.

"I just don't like him," Fez shrugged. Annabelle was on speaker phone, his phone on the counter of the store as he flipped through a pile of bills. "The kid's weird man."

"He's my friend Fez," Annabelle huffed. She was home alone in the dorm for the evening. Lexi had gone out with their friends, Annabelle claiming she was 'under the weather'. Fez had just expressed that he'd call and to make sure she wasn't busy.

"He doesn't wanna be your friend Annie, we both know that."

Annabelle scoffed, eyes rolling as she did so. Yeah- maybe Enzo didn't only want to be friends with her, but with how distant Fez had become, he had no say in the matter. And it's not like Annie was going to give into Enzo- he knew about Fez.

"It's not like you're a secret, he's well aware of who you are. Hell- he sat with me while I did nothing but complain about you."

Fez only hummed, urging Annie to continue. "There's literally no reason for you to be wary of me, i've been nothing but loyal and all for you since we started talking."

"I ain't sayin' nothin' about you not bein' loyal."

Annabelle then placed Fez on speaker phone, using both her hands to drag them down her face with an audible groan.

"You're driving me crazy." She mumbled. "I feel
like you're sending me insane. I said- I said so clearly, that me being away wasn't gonna work out, and you insisted it would. Look where we are, me trying and you just don't care."

"What you talkin' about?" Fez huffed. "Obviously I care."

"Obviously I care," She mocked. "Look, I don't think this is a good idea-"

"Nah."

"While i've been away we've barely even spoken, you're obviously too busy with your life, and i'm the only one putting in effort despite how busy I am also."

"I'm not always gon' have so much time for you Annie."

She rolled her eyes for what felt like the hundredth time in ten minutes.