twenty nine

-

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

Lexi hadn't left her bedroom for a full week after Annabelle had told her about Ewan, and Annabelle didn't know how to take it.

She was fuckin' rantin' for so long the other day, saying how she could imagine what it feels like, but how she just wants to help her, how she feels guilty an' all this shit.

And Ewan, well, Ewan's just the same. I mean, he seems a bit more down than usual, but like, shit happens.

"Does he seem sad to you?" Annabelle asked Fez quietly. The two were sat in her lounge, and Ewan had walked down the stairs, disappearing to the kitchen.

Fez drew shapes on her bare legs gently. He shrugged, leaning back against the sofa to sneak a look at Ewan, unsuccessful due to the hood of his hoodie covering his face.

"I'on know kid," He muttered. "Like, he's been quiet an' everythin'."

She hummed, leaning her head against the arm of the sofa, her body stretched out across Fez's.

"Lex won't talk to me."

He sighed sadly towards her, tilting his head to give her a reassuring look.

"Give her some time," he said. "She'll come round and be fine again."

"I guess-"

"Sup' bruh," Fez spoke towards Ewan as he wondered back through the lounge. Ewan gave him a nod in greeting, barely looking at his sister. "You good?"

"Yeah man."

The boy didn't say anything else, only hauling himself back upstairs to his bedroom. Annabelle sighed, Fez turning to the side to glance at her.

"You gon' have to forgive him eventually ma, he's yo' brother an' everythin'."

"I just can't believe him," she spoke softly. Fez nodded, understanding where she was coming from. "He's just- I don't even know."

"I getchu, I do," Fez nodded against the fabric of the sofa. "But like, that's yo' blood. You feel me?"

"Blood or not," she shrugged. "What he did isn't right. Say I did that to you, Ewan would be quick to defend you- my actions being in the wrong."

"Well when you say it like that I guess."

"Exactly."