forty

-

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

Her eyes skimmed the row of dresses- long, short, poofy, plain. Annabelle huffed, clearly undecided in which style she'd even wanted.

She knew she wanted navy, a nice darker blue. She'd known that ever since Fez had told her she suited it. So when she'd gone in, that's what she'd asked for, leading her to the row of dresses.

"Personally, id go long," The assistant told her, raking through the dresses. She held one out, the material flowing. The woman's fingers brushed the silky fabric, a slit appearing. "And the slit just adds- simple but beautiful."

Annabelle nodded, skimming the material between her own fingers. It was tight enough at the top, her able to clearly get away with no bra- thankful for her, continuing tight most of the way down, until the slit.

"You can try it if you'd like?" The woman- Hellen- had suggested. She handed Annabelle the dress, pointing to the changing room besides them. She thanked her quietly, taking the hanger.

She shrugged off her sweats and small shirt, stepping into the dress. Flipping her hair over her shoulder, she attempted to reach to zip it herself. She couldn't, so she stepped out from behind the curtain.

"Can you- erm, zip it?"

Hellen nodded, zipping it. She left to stand besides Annabelle, who looked in depth at herself in the dress in the mirror. Her hands flattened the material, the slit beginning and ending in the perfect places.

"Wow," Hellen uttered. "You look amazing."

Annabelle gave her a smile through the mirror, a nod slipping past her.

"I think I love it."

"You look wonderful," The blonde spoke up again. She had a genuine smile etched across her face and Annabelle had never been more thankful that she'd been given a nicer woman to help her.

"Finally," she laughed. "It's only taken us two hours- sorry for that by the way."

Hellen shrugged, waving her off with a laugh.

"It's my job."

"Really though," Annabelle said. She looked at her through the mirror, nails tracing against the silk. "I'm very thankful for that, anyone else probably would've given up with my indecisiveness."

"I'm glad I helped honey, it's a special night and you deserve to feel special."

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

Fez looked up at her with a sleepy smile when she squeezed her way between the open gap. She'd left him in bed while she disappeared to find a dress.

"Let's see," he muttered, adjusting the pillows in her bed so he could lean against the metal bed frame more comfortably. She shook her head with a teasing smile. "The fuck? Why?"

"It's special," she said. "You need to wait."

He scoffed, leaning forward in attempt to grab the bag. Annabelle snatched it away quickly, leaving to hide it in her closet.

She had taken a box from a bag. "I'll show you my shoes."

Fez nodded, thinking that was better than nothing. Opening the box, she pulled out a pair of beige heels. They were higher than what she would've originally chosen, but with the dress being long, they suited better.

"Uh- nice."

She snickered, putting both heels on her feet. He widened his eyes when she grew visibly taller.

"Cute huh?"

He nodded, then nodded towards another bag. She pulled out a small bag- beige marble style.

"What colour is yo' dress?" He asked, confused as to why everything was plain.

"Navy," she smiled. He gave her a smirk with a nod. "It's pretty."

"I bet."

"C'mon, let's see it." She continued to shake her head, placing the heels back into their box. She kneeled onto the bed, sitting on her heels when she reached him.

"That's no fun," she shrugged. "If you can still make it, just make sure to get a navy tie to match."

He placed his hands on her thighs with a small slap. Leaning in, he pressed their lips together.

"No worries ma."

She smiled, only small but noticeable.

"I'm excited now!" She squealed, jumping herself onto his lap. Wrapping her arms around his neck, her fingers fiddled with the chain that sat on his skin- gold and glistening against his freckles.

"You not feelin' a bit sad?" He asked her, hands on her hips. His fingers peeked under the sweater she'd pulled back on before she left the store.

"Of course," Annabelle answered quickly. "I'm leaving so many people behind, it's sad. But, it's happy too."

She smiled up at him, making Fez smile. He pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"I get you," he told her. "You not just wanna spend time wit' yo' girls?"

He was teasing, and she knew.

"Maybe yeah, you're not really that important-" She'd tried to joke back, but he stuck a finger into each of her sides, the girl screaming loudly and falling into him. "I'm jokin'! I want you there!"

Fez hummed so she cupped his cheeks tightly, a wide smile on his face.

"You and the girls!" She explained quickly. "Of course I want you there."

"That's what I thought."

She laughed, leaning her forehead against his shoulder. His arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her further into him. He kissed her hair.

"Can't wait to see yo' fine ass in that dress though," he mumbled to her. She snickered. "For real."

"Not long and then you will."

-

200k?!?!?!?
thanku all so much! adore each and every one of u little angels💛💛💛