forty four

-

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

Annabelle and Lexi had been away for two months. Her and Fez had called every night for the first two weeks, and then the communication sort of came to a halt. They texted here and there, and Annabelle didn't mind- her schedule being busier than ever anyway. And Fez, well, he gathered how important it was to her, and therefore didn't bother her as much.

The two girls were due to drive home for Thanksgiving soon, but Fez had recently informed Annabelle that he and Ash had to be out of town- this meaning it would be even longer before the two saw each other.

She'd been disappointed of course, but it's not as if she could do anything. He has to be out of town, that's it. Besides, she was excited to see her mom and Ewan.

"Sorry," he uttered through the phone. She sighed, him being on loud speaker resting against her pillow. "Y'know I wanna see you so bad, we've jus' gotta take care of somethin'."

"I know," she spoke back. "It's alright. Another time."

She heard Fez move in his own bed, a smile covering her face as she imagined him laying in his 'M&M' pyjamas, trying to get comfortable in his galaxy duvet.

She snickered, the boy mumbling a small, "What's funny?"

"What're you wearing?" She hummed. Fez stifled a laugh.

"Damn Annie," he said. "You tryna' get frisky?"

Annabelle scoffed playfully. "Absolutely not. Just answer my question."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why do you wanna know what i'm wearing?" He asked her. "You need a mental image or somethin'? Whatchu doin'?"

"Stop being so inappropriate!" She huffed over the phone. Fez hummed a laugh, imagining the blush on her cheeks, making him laugh further. "Y'know what? Let's forget I even asked-"

"Nah," he continued. "Tell me why."

"Just wonderin' if you're wearing your 'M&M PJ's."

"Sure am," he confirmed, the smile widening on her lips. "You likey? Do they make you feel all fuzzy an' shit?"

"In a cute way," she replied. "If you're asking if your pyjamas turn me on, then the answer is no."

"Borin'," he mumbled. "You're lil' Rapunzel PJ's turn me on."

"Oh my-" she started, covering her red cheeks as if he could see her. He was laughing, quietly but laughing none the less. "I'm hangin' up now."

"Wait," he stopped her. "You're home for Christmas right?" She said a small 'yes'. "I promise I'll see you then."

"We'll see when the time comes," she spoke softly. "Our lives don't seem to be matching up lately."

"I know," he told her. "An' I'm sorry, but I swear i'll see you at Christmas."

"Okay."

The two sighed, Annabelle checking the time. "I have an early class tomorrow, I'm gonna go to sleep."

"That's cool," he nodded. "I love you."

"I love you." She whispered, ending the phone call.

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

"It's so good to see you!" Judy exclaimed, running to hug Annabelle as her car pulled up. "Oh honey! I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you," Annabelle spoke, wrapping her arms around Judy's neck. She gave her a squeeze. "It's so good to be home."

Ewan walked out of the house, hands stuffed into his tracksuit bottoms. He had the hood of his hoodie over his head, messy and very clearly over grown hair peeking out.

"The fuck are you home for?" He teased. Annabelle flipped him off, arms still around Judy. "Jokin', missed you."

He held his arms out, the girl walking to give him a small hug. Ewan rubbed her head, knotting the hair on top of her head. She swatted his hand away.

"You seein' Fez?" He asked her, stepping away and placing his hands in his pockets again.

"No," she shook her head. "Said he and Ash are out of town."

"Oh," Ewan shrugged. "Didn't know that."

"Yeah, well," she also shrugged. "I'm gonna help Mom with my bags. You goin' to see Lex?" Ewan nodded. "She's missed you."

"Yeah," he nodded, a tiny smile rising on his lips. "Yeah, i've missed her."

Annabelle smiled, pushing her brother's arm gently.

"See you soon."

Ewan nodded, Annabelle leaving to help Judy with some of her bags.

"I thought we could get take out," Judy suggested. "Maybe a Chinese, Indian possibly?"

"I could eat some Chinese food," Annabelle nodded. Judy smiled, grabbing the last bag and closing the trunk of the car. She pressed a kiss to Annabelle's forehead.

"Anything for my little girl."

-