thirty five

-

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

A knock echoed through Annabelle's bedroom, the girl sprawled out across her bed with a book high above her face, arms stretched out. A pair of glasses sat on the bridge of her nose.

"Mom, I already said I didn't want any food," she spoke loud enough to travel through the wood of her door. "I ate exactly four hours ago."

Behind the door, Fez snickered to himself. Instead of walking in, he knocked again. This caused Annabelle to huff, slamming her book shut.

She pulled the door open with some force- "Mom, I swear- oh, you."

He gave her a grin, her eyes falling to the way his hands were stuffed into the pocket of his sweatpants. His appearance would appear rushed, so she suspected it was an unexpected visit, even for him.

"Cute specs," He said. Her cheeks grew red, he'd never seen her in her glasses before. She'd never worn them, and frankly, she'd hid them whenever he was in her room, not wanting him to know. "You suit them."

"Yeah," she mumbled. "Thanks."

Her hands tangled with the bangs that fell by the side of her face, the rest of her hair pushed back into a tight braid.

"Uh," Fez cleared his throat. "I was just wonderin' if you wanna go for like a drive or some shit?"

She gave him a weird look, hand waving over her appearance: crewneck sweatshirt, a pair of his check pyjama pants that he'd left, rolled multiple times, and some nike socks, pulled up just under her knees, not that he could see that.

"Whatchu mean?"

"I look homeless," she scoffed. He shook his head, "No."

"Oh- yeah, that's cool."

The boy began to turn around, neck flaming up. Annabelle huffed, groaning into her hands. She hated how he made her feel bad, he should be the one to feel bad. And, he was trying, he knew he was in the wrong, and he wanted nothing more than to have her be his again.

"Wait," she said quietly. He stopped immediately, turning and leaning against the banister. "Just a drive?" He nodded, a small smile tugging on his lips. She left the doorway, disappearing for mere seconds, coming back out with a pair of air force on her feet.

Closing her door, she walked past him down the stairs, him following like a giddy kid on Christmas day. Annabelle neared the kitchen.

"What you doin'? I already got shit in the car." She rolled her eyes, secretly loving that he'd done it already. "Wasn't exactly plannin' on lettin' you say nah."